"Project rule not found" in TurboPower Orpheus

2004-06-01 07:23:12 PM
cppbuilder14
Hi,
I have downloaded the "TurboPower Orpheus" toolkit for C++ Builder 6 from
SourceForce.net,
I tried to install this one, but I have obtained "Project rule not Found"
error message.
Can you help me?
Best Regard.

Re:"Project rule not found" in TurboPower Orpheus

Cerella,
I have downloaded the "TurboPower Orpheus" toolkit for C++ Builder 6 from
SourceForce.net,
I tried to install this one, but I have obtained "Project rule not Found"
error message.
You might have better success asking in the Orpheus newsgroup section at:
This page lists all of the TurboPower support places that I know about:
www.turbocontrol.com/TPSupport.htm
--
Regards,
Paul Breneman

Re:"Project rule not found" in TurboPower Orpheus

Hi Cerella,
Last week I installed Orpheus here in my BCB 6 so I'll reproduce bellow the
instructions I collected in the Orpheus's Help Forum at Sourceforge.
HTH,
Saulo
*********************
By: Jason Castillo - jwcastillo
RE: Install Problems BCB6
2003-09-02 15:10
Stefan,
Below is a message that I received from Phillip H. Blanton. Mucho thanks to
Phillip for sending this. I was able to get everything built and at first
glance Orpheus does appear to be working with Builder 6. I am denoting
things that I had to do different with <>
****************Begin instructions from Phillip*********
The open source version of Orpheus has no installation program. You
must build the packages yourself.
Following are detailed instructions for building the packages in BCB6.
Notes:
- We only tested the open source product with Delphi 5, 6, and 7.
- The package files expect the source code files to be in the
same directory. In the SourceForge release, they are not.
The easiest way to fix the problem is to move the package
files into the source file directory before building them.
Open and compile (install) the following packages in the following
order...
1. Open and compile O406_R61.BPK.
<I had to open the file and remove the license block for Builder to
recognize this as a project. Otherwise I got a 'no project rule' error.>
2. Open, compile and install O406_D61.BPK package.
<same as above>
3. Open and compile O406BR61.BPK.
<same as above>
4. Open, compile and install O406BD61.BPK.
<in addition to removing license block, there were references to O405BR61,
which I assumed was a versioning error. This was causing the link to fail. I
did a global search for O405BR61 and replaced it with O406BR61.>
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR C++BUILDER USERS:
If you are using Orpheus with different versions of C++Builder, the
header files for C++Builder 3, C++Builder 4, and C++Builder 5 are not
compatible and so they must be stored in separate directories. Under
your Orpheus directory, you will need to create a separate directory
called hpp6, (where the * stands for your BCB version.). By default, the
compiler creates the new header files in the same directory where the
source code files are. After you are finished building the packages, you
should *MOVE* the newly generated header files into the appropriate
*.hpp directory.
With Regards,
Phillip H. Blanton
Senior Software Engineer