richedit with image and background

2005-11-26 11:01:37 PM
cppbuilder94
Hi, i am trying to insert a image and a background image into a richedit control with no result..
Any idea ?
Thank you very much
Alfred

Re:richedit with image and background

Alfred wrote:
Hi, i am trying to insert a image and a background image into a richedit control with no result..
Any idea ?
You can't. At least with the Trichedit component shipped with BCB.
Look here for a TRichEditole component supporting embedded graphics.
Maybe it's what you're looking for:
home.att.net/%7Erobertdunn/Yacs.html
Michel
Michel Leunen
mailto: see my homepage.
C++Builder, BCC5.5.1 Web site:
www.leunen.com/

"Michel Leunen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
You can't. At least with the Trichedit component shipped with BCB.
You can insert images with the standard TRichEdit component. You just have
to work with the IRichEditOle interface directly. Use the
EM_GETOLEINTERFACE message to get a pointer to the IRichEditOle interface,
and then you can use its InsertObject() method to insert images. That is
the same thing that Robert Dunn's component does internally.
Look here for a TRichEditole component supporting embedded graphics.
TRichEditOle is not a component. It is a helper class that attaches to the
standard TRichEdit to provide access to the IRichEditOle interface. If you
want to use an actual standalone component, then you are probably thinking
of Robert's TaeRichEdit component instead.
Gambit

{smallsort}

Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:
You can insert images with the standard TRichEdit component. You just have
to work with the IRichEditOle interface directly.
>Look here for a TRichEditole component supporting embedded graphics.
TRichEditOle is not a component. It is a helper class that attaches to the
standard TRichEdit to provide access to the IRichEditOle interface.
Hmm, it seems that I must be more precise in my answers even if I found
you're a little nitpicking here :-)
Michel
Michel Leunen
mailto: see my homepage.