serial interface

2003-12-28 04:54:30 AM
cppbuilder51
Hello everyone,
I am looking for a component for the Borland C++ Builder (Version 6) to use
the serial ports for sending an receiving files.
Could anyone give me some advise about where to purchase such a TObject
(ocx - object) or about where to get some well functioning source code, easy
to implement and to use in my exsisting code?
I need to send and receive data through the same serial port (e.g. COM1).
The communication can be full-duplex or half-duplex.
Any help or advise would be very much appreciated!
Thanks
Diego

Re:serial interface

There are a couple of places to try:
www.torry.net
Turbopower has made their excellent VCL opensource at
www.SourceForge.net
Harold Howe has some code at:
www.bcbdev.com/download.htm
Diego wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a component for the Borland C++ Builder (Version 6) to use
the serial ports for sending an receiving files.

Could anyone give me some advise about where to purchase such a TObject
(ocx - object) or about where to get some well functioning source code, easy
to implement and to use in my exsisting code?

I need to send and receive data through the same serial port (e.g. COM1).
The communication can be full-duplex or half-duplex.

Any help or advise would be very much appreciated!

Thanks
Diego

Re:serial interface

sourceforge.net/projects/tpapro
VCL-Component
Rainer Koch

{smallsort}

Re:serial interface

"Diego" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
I am looking for a component for the Borland C++ Builder
(Version 6) to use the serial ports for sending an receiving
files.
My favorite is TMS Async32, free for personal use:
www.tmssoftware.com/ta32.htm
-Terry