Using c++ builder to add a com object to an exe

2008-04-11 01:44:22 AM
cppbuilder108
Hi:
I hav an executalbe I would like to add a com object to. When looking at the
options in the new/other/activex tab I see both automation object and com
object, what isthe difference? When declaring an automation object I get
alsorts of errors about my clsid having not been defined is there something
I'm mising?
Any help apreciated.
Sean

Re:Using c++ builder to add a com object to an exe

"Sean Farrow" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I hav an executalbe I would like to add a com object to.
When looking at the options in the new/other/activex tab
I see both automation object and com object
How is the COM object going to be used exactly? Assuming you want other
processes to communicate with your application through it, use an Automation
object.
When declaring an automation object I get alsorts of
errors about my clsid having not been defined
What are the exact error messages? Please copy/paste them from the IDE
as-is.
is there something I'm mising?
What exactly, step by step, did you do? And which version of BCB are you
using?
Gambit

Re:Using c++ builder to add a com object to an exe

Hi:
Strange When just recreating this it now seems to work happily.
The joys of software development.
Sean.

"Sean Farrow" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news:47fe51f5$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>I hav an executalbe I would like to add a com object to.
>When looking at the options in the new/other/activex tab
>I see both automation object and com object

How is the COM object going to be used exactly? Assuming you want other
processes to communicate with your application through it, use an
Automation object.

>When declaring an automation object I get alsorts of
>errors about my clsid having not been defined

What are the exact error messages? Please copy/paste them from the IDE
as-is.

>is there something I'm mising?

What exactly, step by step, did you do? And which version of BCB are you
using?

Gambit

{smallsort}