Dialog and ShowModal

2007-04-21 06:07:26 PM
cppbuilder18
Hi,
I am using a TDialog. I display it via ShowModal and the
displayed dialog has an Ok button and a Cancel button. It also
has some radio buttons. I am unclear whether it is valid to
interrogate the status of the radio buttons after the ShowModal
method returns, or has this information been invalidated
because the form has been closed (but not yet deleted)?
Do I need to process everything for the radio buttons within
the TDialog and before the ShowModal returns?
Many Thanks,
JB

Re:Dialog and ShowModal

"JB" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I am unclear whether it is valid to interrogate the status of the
radio buttons after the ShowModal method returns
Yes, it is, as long as the dialog has not been freed yet.
or has this information been invalidated because the form has
been closed (but not yet deleted)?
No, it has not.
Do I need to process everything for the radio buttons
within the TDialog and before the ShowModal returns?
No.
Gambit

Re:Dialog and ShowModal

>Do I need to process everything for the radio buttons
>within the TDialog and before the ShowModal returns?

No.
What if ProcessMessages is called before he checks the status
of the RadioButton?
~ JD

{smallsort}

Re:Dialog and ShowModal

"JD" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
What if ProcessMessages is called before he checks the
status of the RadioButton?
What about it?
Gambit

Re:Dialog and ShowModal

What about it?
Never mind. I was thinking TForm and caFree.
~ JD