WinApi, unresolved external error

Hi there,
I am using BCB 5 and just tried to compile a simple WinAPI hello world
window - however my compiler comes up with this error code:
[Linker Fehler] Unresolved external '__InitVCL' referenced from C:\PROGRAM
FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\LIB\CP32MTI.LIB|crtlvcl
[Linker Fehler] Unresolved external '__ExitVCL' referenced from C:\PROGRAM
FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\LIB\CP32MTI.LIB|crtlvcl
whats wrong?

Re:WinApi, unresolved external error

It sounds as if you created a project for a program that uses the VCL then
did not use it. Non-VCL projects are created by doing File|New and double
clicking on the Console Wizard. (File|New|Other in BCB6)
. Ed
Lennart Lopin wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

I am using BCB 5 and just tried to compile a simple WinAPI
hello world window - however my compiler comes up with
this error code:

[Linker Fehler] Unresolved external '__InitVCL' referenced from C
:\PROGRAM FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\LIB\CP32MTI.LIB|crtlvcl
[Linker Fehler] Unresolved external '__ExitVCL' referenced from C
:\PROGRAM FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\LIB\CP32MTI.LIB|crtlvcl

whats wrong?

Re:WinApi, unresolved external error

thanks very much!
I followed Kent Reisdorph advice in his book on C++ Builder 3 - (he shows a
method where you delete the main form from the project) it might have worked
for BCB 3...
"Ed Mulroy [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
It sounds as if you created a project for a program that uses the VCL then
did not use it. Non-VCL projects are created by doing File|New and double
clicking on the Console Wizard. (File|New|Other in BCB6)

. Ed

>Lennart Lopin wrote in message
>news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>
>I am using BCB 5 and just tried to compile a simple WinAPI
>hello world window - however my compiler comes up with
>this error code:
>
>[Linker Fehler] Unresolved external '__InitVCL' referenced from C
>:\PROGRAM FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\LIB\CP32MTI.LIB|crtlvcl
>[Linker Fehler] Unresolved external '__ExitVCL' referenced from C
>:\PROGRAM FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\LIB\CP32MTI.LIB|crtlvcl
>
>whats wrong?

{smallsort}

Re:WinApi, unresolved external error

As you've found out, a lot has changed in the 6 years since BCB 3 was the
current version.
BCB is a powerful tool. I wish you good luck in your adventures with it.