C++, H and Diagram tabs in Code Editor

2003-09-19 03:23:32 AM
cppbuilder36
Generally, when you open a C++ file to be edited, the code editor displays
the name of the file in a tab at the top of the editor window. In addition,
three tabs are displayed at the bottom of the code editor window containing
filename.CPP, filename.H and Diagram. When I create a new form or unit
within a project, the behavior changes. Now, only a single tab is displayed
at the bottom containing the word "Code". Is there a workaround or fix for
this?
Thanks in advance.
Regards;
Al

Re:C++, H and Diagram tabs in Code Editor

"Alain M. Dube" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
When I create a new form or unit within a project, the
behavior changes. Now, only a single tab is displayed
at the bottom containing the word "Code". Is there a
workaround or fix for this?
It is not a bug. You simply have your IDE set up to view forms as DFM text
instead of as visual windows. Simply right-click on the editor and choose
"View as Form" instead.
Gambit

Re:C++, H and Diagram tabs in Code Editor

Thanks for the quick reply.
The source code in question is not a form, just a simple class
implementation in a unit. As a result, the "View as Form" option is
disabled and not applicable. My project has several units that, when
edited, displays all three tabs. Its seems that only new units created with
C++Builder v6 cause this problem. I looked through the project file (BPR);
nothing looked suspect.
Thanks for the help.
Regards;
Al

"Alain M. Dube" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news:3f6a0634$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>When I create a new form or unit within a project, the
>behavior changes. Now, only a single tab is displayed
>at the bottom containing the word "Code". Is there a
>workaround or fix for this?

It is not a bug. You simply have your IDE set up to view forms as DFM
text
instead of as visual windows. Simply right-click on the editor and choose
"View as Form" instead.

Gambit

{smallsort}

Re:C++, H and Diagram tabs in Code Editor

See "Pairing of .CPP and .H files in the IDE" message in this newgroup for
the answer.
Al