linker error - help please

2003-12-19 02:59:38 AM
cppbuilder97
I have a project I just created like any other of my projects and I'm
getting errors in the linker I've never seen before....
[Linker Error] Fatal: Error detected (LME1510)
[Linker Error] Fatal: Error detected (LME1510)
[Linker Error] Fatal: Error detected (LME1510)
[Linker Error] Fatal: Error detected (LME1510)
[Linker Error] Fatal: Access violation. Link terminated.
Then, if I compile again, I get a MessageBox...
Assertion failed: !"Bad error code", file VMem.c, line 715
then...
Abnormal program termination
then...
Exception EAccessViolation in module rtl60.bpl at 000375DE
then another...
Exception EAccessViolation in module rtl60.bpl at 0000C40E
and another...
Exception EAccessViolation in module rtl60.bpl at 0000572A
I saw a similar error when I was compiling earlier when I had...
int MyFunc()
{
if (aborted)
return;
return (1);
}
Apparently, the compiler bombed out after giving me an error about having
the function not return a value. I haven't found anything like this in my
new project though...
Thanks,
Rob

Re:linker error - help please

You don't say what version of BCB you are using. Be aware that Borland has fixed some
linker errors in successive versions and service paks.
Robert Hoover wrote:
I have a project I just created like any other of my projects and I'm
getting errors in the linker I've never seen before....

[Linker Error] Fatal: Error detected (LME1510)
[Linker Error] Fatal: Error detected (LME1510)
[Linker Error] Fatal: Error detected (LME1510)
[Linker Error] Fatal: Error detected (LME1510)
[Linker Error] Fatal: Access violation. Link terminated.

Re:linker error - help please

I'm using BCB 6 with Update 4. Sorry.
Could this be a space allocation thing? I reduced the size of an array and
the problem went away. If so, then I'll have to do some run-time allocation,
right?
Thanks,
Rob
"Randall Parker" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
message news:3fe2a65b$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Robert Hoover wrote:
I have a project I just created like any other of my projects and I'm
getting errors in the linker I've never seen before....

[Linker Error] Fatal: Error detected (LME1510)
[Linker Error] Fatal: Error detected (LME1510)
[Linker Error] Fatal: Error detected (LME1510)
[Linker Error] Fatal: Error detected (LME1510)
[Linker Error] Fatal: Access violation. Link terminated.

{smallsort}

Re:linker error - help please

I've seen something similar to this one. You have to shut down BCB and
re-start. It goes away for a few days and then comes back :(
HTH Pete

Robert Hoover wrote:
>I have a project I just created like any other of my projects and I'm
>getting errors in the linker I've never seen before....
>
>[Linker Error] Fatal: Error detected (LME1510)
>[Linker Error] Fatal: Error detected (LME1510)
>[Linker Error] Fatal: Error detected (LME1510)
>[Linker Error] Fatal: Error detected (LME1510)
>[Linker Error] Fatal: Access violation. Link terminated.

Re:linker error - help please

Could this be a space allocation thing?
Definitely. It stands for Linker Memory Error.
I reduced the size of an array and
the problem went away. If so, then I'll have to do some run-time allocation,
right?
Yes, incredibly huge static arrays can cause LME's.
--Craig

Re:linker error - help please

Yes, incredibly huge static arrays can cause LME's.
FWIW, other linkers have similar limitations but
better errors, e.g. something like 'EXE image is
invalid'.
--Craig

Re:linker error - help please

Rob,
If reducing an array memory size fixes the problem then, yes, by all means
dynamically allocate the array instead.