Where Class-Explorer

2003-11-19 09:12:44 PM
cppbuilder84
Hello !
I can remember, that in BC Builder 5.0 was an class explorer, right ?.
But I can not find it anywhere, now !
Andeas Weichert

Re:Where Class-Explorer

Andreas Weichert,
I can remember, that in BC Builder 5.0 was an class explorer, right ?.

But I can not find it anywhere, now !

Did you perhaps remove it for IDE stability? It is provided by
BCBCXP?0.BPL. Look to see if that's been moved or renamed. The Class
Explorer is frequently blamed for 99% of Builder's stability issues so
you may have junked it on advice from these groups.
Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Re:Where Class-Explorer

--
Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

{smallsort}

Re:Where Class-Explorer

Andreas Weichert,
Where I can find normaly the ClassExplorer, in Menu View ?

I believe so but I removed mine for the reasons stated.
Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Re:Where Class-Explorer

Vavan,
>I believe so but I removed mine for the reasons stated.

what about Class Explorer Pro?

I don't know - what's that?
Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Re:Where Class-Explorer

Vavan,
see www.toolsfactory.com/

Ah right. A third party add-on.
Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Re:Where Class-Explorer

"Andreas Weichert" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escribi?en el mensaje
Where I can find normaly the ClassExplorer, in Menu View ?
Yes. To start ClassExplorer, you can do one of the following:
- View | ClassExplorer
- Right-click on the code editor and choose View Explorer
- Press Shift + Ctrl + E
It works well for me.
Hernan Tornielli

Re:Where Class-Explorer

Vavan,
>Ah right. A third party add-on.

yes. do you know smth related to bcb stability when it is installed?

Not specifically about it, no.
I had a quick look at it and it looks good..except it can't handled
lists of declarations. I emailed them and they acknowledged that it's
a limitation. You what? How can you write a code documenter that can't
handle:
int fred,
jim,
bill;
It's hardly an esoteric, rarely used, language feature.
Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Re:Where Class-Explorer

Andreas Weichert wrote:
I can remember, that in BC Builder 5.0 was an class explorer, right ?.
Look in the registry under HKCR\Software\Borland\C++Builder\6.0\Known
IDE packages. The package name should be listed here. If it isn't,
manually add it.
I have seen some people complain that the class explorer entry vanished
from this location. Other poeple comple that the MFC wizard disappears
from here too. Then there are those of us who intentially nuke entries
from this spot...
h^2