Menu Disapeared

2004-02-16 12:18:33 PM
cppbuilder114
I am a student taking a CS class, and we have to use the Borland
compiler for our homework. So I downloaded the enterprise trial edition version 6. This is the first time I have used it, and it threw a pretty big curveball my way yesterday. I was near the end of my homework project and low and behold:
The menu and main toolbar disapeared!!!
This is ludicrous!! Where the did it go? Was it hotkeyed to some button I inadvertently pressed? What happened? All I have now when I start the program is the text editor, the system title bar with the minimize and maximize buttons, and a few floating windows that I have no use for. I cannot open a file, I cannot open a project, I cannot do a thing! Visual Studio never threw any pretty stunts like this. If this doesn't get fixed I cannot turn in my assignments.
How do I fix this?

Re:Menu Disapeared

On 15 Feb 2004 20:18:33 -0800, Chris J wrote:
How do I fix this?
Good question - I've never known Builder do that either.
A good place to look would be \View\Toolbars to see what is checked in
there.
--
Andrue Cope
[Bicester UK]

Re:Menu Disapeared

How do I fix this?
I believe F11 and F12 would bring you back to normal.
Maybe you could also try to toggle the menu by manually refering to it with
e.g. ALT+F (opens the file menu) under normal circumstances.
Best regards
Michael

{smallsort}

Re:Menu Disapeared

Chris J wrote:
I am a student taking a CS class,
What is a CS class ?
and we have to use the Borland
compiler for our homework. So I downloaded the enterprise trial edition version 6.
That is NOT the free Borland compiler at all. Cannot imagine that
they would oblige you to that C++Builder product.
You could have downloaded the free commandline compiler instead.
Hans.