make file

2004-08-30 03:17:51 PM
cppbuilder9
Hello,
I have a problem with the version number at a make file.
I have changed the version number with an editor in the make file. Then
build all. But if I read the file information I always get 1.0.0.0.
If I changed the versio number at the IDE, there is no problem.
What's wrong?
[Version Info]
IncludeVerInfo=0
AutoIncBuild=0
MajorVer=0
MinorVer=2
Release=3
Build=0
Holgi

Re:make file

Holger Seguin wrote:
Hello,

I have a problem with the version number at a make file.

I have changed the version number with an editor in the make file. Then
build all. But if I read the file information I always get 1.0.0.0.

If I changed the versio number at the IDE, there is no problem.

What's wrong?
The version number is in the resource file (.res), update this file,
you'll get the update in the exe file.

Re:make file

Ok, that's one solultion.
But I'm looking for a solution without using the ide.
Is it possible to generate a .res file with the version number?
"OBones" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Holger Seguin wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have a problem with the version number at a make file.
>
>I have changed the version number with an editor in the make file. Then
>build all. But if I read the file information I always get 1.0.0.0.
>
>If I changed the versio number at the IDE, there is no problem.
>
>What's wrong?

The version number is in the resource file (.res), update this file,
you'll get the update in the exe file.

{smallsort}