De{*word*81} Gurus - Check this out ...

2006-01-06 11:28:40 AM
cppbuilder30
Good Day All,
I am using BCB 6 Ent. and I have run into a re-occuring situation with the de{*word*81} when stepping through the code. From time to time, I will see the de{*word*81} step to a line, line 8 for ex., then 9, jump 12, 13, back to 10, 11, 8, 9, 10 ... I have no Idea what causes this. I usually need to completely rebuild everything, properly close the project, and then exit BCB normally, and, after about my second cup-o-jo, BCB is good to go !
Today, I was writing some code in a method and check this out:
{
ADouble =
this->
At the point where I pressed the ">", the code complete fires and gives me my options. Well today, it displayed an error msg indicating it could NOT continue due to errors in the code.
That was particulary odd as there was nothing wrong with ANY code anywhere. I had just finished building the entire project which was sucessfull.
So, not thinking too much of it, I delete the "this->" and just continued with the code I really wanted. Well guess what - as soon as I tried to step through this code, the "walker" stepped onto the ADouble line, then the line after "this->", which was a blank line, back to ADouble, then "this->" ...
Anyone know why this happens? What do I do about fixing this - OTHER than drinking two cups of coffee ?
Thanks in anvance.
Nick
;-)

Re:De{*word*81} Gurus - Check this out ...

Nick wrote:
From time to time, I will see the de{*word*81} step to a line, line 8 for
ex., then 9, jump 12, 13, back to 10, 11, 8, 9, 10 ... I have no
Idea what causes this.
Normally that happens when you have optimisations on and you are seeing
the result of the compiler rearranging your code. That wouldn't go away
with a build of course.
At the point where I pressed the ">", the code complete fires and
gives me my options. Well today, it displayed an error msg
indicating it could NOT continue due to errors in the code.
That's just the way CI is. If you can provide a reproducible test case
please post it to QC (qc.borland.com).
--
Andrue Cope [TeamB]
[Bicester, Uk]

Re:De{*word*81} Gurus - Check this out ...

Good Day,
Hre is a snippet of code:
1 if (LastSelectedService == 0) //Class A
2 ACDS->FieldByName("QUALDAYS")->AsFloat =
3 ACDS->FieldByName("ACTUALDAYS")->AsInteger * 0.25;
4 else
5 ACDS->FieldByName("QUALDAYS")->AsFloat =
6 ACDS->FieldByName("ACTUALDAYS")->AsInteger;
7
8 //Determine Fiscal Year
9 ACDS->FieldByName("THEFY")->AsInteger = TheFY;
10
11 //Calculate 30day Months and Days, and the MonthDays Factor
12 TheMonthDays = Get360DateDiff(TheStart,TheStop);
13 AStr = IntToStr(TheMonthDays.quot) + "." + IntToStr(TheMonthDays.rem);
14 ACDS->FieldByName("TheDays")->AsFloat = AStr.ToDouble();
15
16 ADouble = (TheMonthDays.rem%30);
17 AStr = IntToStr(TheMonthDays.quot) + "." + FloatToStr(ADouble);
18 TheMonthDaysFactor = AStr.ToDouble();
During my debuggin, the "walker" will step onto the lines as 1,2,3,10,13,14,15 ...
If you follow that trace, you will notice it steps onto blank lines and comments. I suspect that shoudl NOT be.
This code happens to be in a package. When stepping through this code from the EXE, it seems that I must REBUILD the EXE after I have made mods to th package. Or at leat it ppears that way. I have not isolated the circumstances - yet.
So, what-do-ya-think?
Thanks,
Nick

{smallsort}

Re:De{*word*81} Gurus - Check this out ...

On 5 Jan 2006 20:28:40 -0700, "Nick" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:
Well today, it displayed an error msg indicating it could NOT continue due to errors in the code.
Irritating, isn't it? I see this fairly frequently in BCB6. IMO it's a
bug. FYI, I haven't seen this in BDS2006.
Perhaps you should consider upgrading; it's not perfect of course, but
I find I like it *far* better than BCB6.