Where is the C++ project types ?

I have picked up a large project originally developed in C++ Builder 5.
I have just installed 2006 trial version hoping to migrate the old
project to this latest IDE.
First i cannot open my old project types(bpr) files!
Is this expected? I was expecting an automatic conversion...
Second when i then attempt to build project from scatch, the only C++
project type option i get is ActiveX
Is this expected?

Re:Where is the C++ project types ?

In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"Herby" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
First i cannot open my old project types(bpr) files!
Is this expected? I was expecting an automatic conversion...
Do you get an error? Importing old projects still has some bugs, but
it basically works.
Second when i then attempt to build project from scatch, the only C++
project type option i get is ActiveX
Is this expected?
The default installation of C++ should have these choices under File->New
VCL Forms Application - C++ Builder
Package - C++ Builder
Other...
If you choose other... and click on C++ Builder Projects in the Item
Categories: tree, you should also see
Console Application
Control Panel Application
Dynamic-link Library
MDI Application
Package
SDI Application
Service Application
Static Library
VCL Forms Application
--
-David Dean
CodeGear C++ QA Engineer

Re:Where is the C++ project types ?

Do you get an error? Importing old projects still has some bugs, but
it basically works.
It just says unknown project type, the filters do not include bpr file
type?
>Second when i then attempt to build project from scatch, the only C++
>project type option i get is ActiveX
>Is this expected?

The default installation of C++ should have these choices under File->New
VCL Forms Application - C++ Builder
Package - C++ Builder
Other...

No like i said there is only ActiveX project type...
If you choose other... and click on C++ Builder Projects in the Item
Categories: tree, you should also see

Console Application
Control Panel Application
Dynamic-link Library
MDI Application
Package
SDI Application
Service Application
Static Library
VCL Forms Applica
When i select customize these options are then available - but when i
drag them across from left to right it has no effect...

{smallsort}

"Herby" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
It just says unknown project type, the filters do not include bpr file
type?
Something must be wrong with your installation. I'd recommend
uninstall and reinstall.
--
-David Dean
CodeGear C++ QA Engineer

David Dean [CodeGear] wrote:

David Dean [CodeGear] wrote:
In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"Herby" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>It just says unknown project type, the filters do not include bpr file
>type?

Something must be wrong with your installation. I'd recommend
uninstall and reinstall.

--
-David Dean
CodeGear C++ QA Engineer
<blogs.codegear.com/ddean/>
I have already done that multiple times, to no avail.
I already have installed VS 2005 .NET framework 2.0 and Builder C++ 5.
I had to install pre-requisites .NET 1.0 etc..
Can builder 2006 install itself independantly given above?