Using a package for cppbuilder and Delphi in BDS 2006

I've created a new Delphi package with BDS 2006 and the option
"Generate all C++ Builder files" and installed it under the Delphi
personality. With Delphi everything works fine. Now I change to the
C++Builder personality. The component is selectable and I use this
component in a new C++Builder project. When I start to compile and
start the project I get the message "Class XYZ not found". If I copy
the bpl-file concerned into the "Debug_Build" directory everything
works fine. In my opinion there is a problem with the path for the
package but I set the path for the project in BDS as well as the system
path. Has anybody the answer to this problem?
Thanks in advance,
Chris

Re:Using a package for cppbuilder and Delphi in BDS 2006

In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"Christoph Funke" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
In my opinion there is a problem with the path for the
package but I set the path for the project in BDS as well as the system
path. Has anybody the answer to this problem?
Which path did you set? I /think/ the linker paths is the right one
in this case.
--
-David
Quis custodiet custodes ipsos?

Re:Using a package for cppbuilder and Delphi in BDS 2006

"Class XYZ not found" is a different error than "XYZ.BPL not found". This
means that the application is launching fine and does load the BPL file but
the XYZ class is not in it. Perhaps there are multiple copies of the BPL on
the path. If this is a possibility do a system wide search for the bpl.
- Clayton

{smallsort}

Re:Using a package for cppbuilder and Delphi in BDS 2006

"Christoph Funke" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >сообщи?сообщила ?новостях следующе?
I've created a new Delphi package with BDS 2006 and the option
"Generate all C++ Builder files" and installed it under the Delphi
personality. With Delphi everything works fine. Now I change to the
C++Builder personality. The component is selectable and I use this
component in a new C++Builder project. When I start to compile and
start the project I get the message "Class XYZ not found". If I copy
the bpl-file concerned into the "Debug_Build" directory everything
works fine. In my opinion there is a problem with the path for the
package but I set the path for the project in BDS as well as the system
path. Has anybody the answer to this problem?

I experienced the same problem a few weeks ago. The only way to change the
situation was renaming palette bookmark name within RegisterComponent
function :
//RegisterComponents("oldname", [yourclassname]);
RegisterComponents("newname", [yourclassname]);
re-install the package afterwards.
Thanks in advance,
Chris

Re:Using a package for cppbuilder and Delphi in BDS 2006

Thanks all of you for the quick answers. In my particular case I had another
BPL compiled with an older version of delphi on my system. Now everything
works fine :-)
Chris