How can I show a ToolBar alone (not as docking)?

2003-12-31 02:45:31 PM
cppbuilder23
I put in a form a ControlBar and on it several ToolBar.
At run time I drag on ToolBar and its Parent is changed form ControlBar.
I Save last position of ToolBar in Registery.
Now there is a question:
How can I show a ToolBar alone (not as docking)?
(by default it is shown on ControlBar as doucking)

Re:How can I show a ToolBar alone (not as docking)?

"Jialing" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

I put in a form a ControlBar and on it several ToolBar.
At run time I drag on ToolBar and its Parent is changed form ControlBar.
I Save last position of ToolBar in Registery.
Now there is a question:
How can I show a ToolBar alone (not as docking)?
(by default it is shown on ControlBar as doucking)

The ToolBar needs a Parent. If the parent is the form, it will
be
positioned in the non-client area of the form and you will have
vitually no control over positioning or sizing. The non-client
area includes the form's title (caption), any main menu and a
few other components. The non-client area will shrink or grow
automatically but the over all form size will not change.
The only way to put a ToolBar in the client area of a form is
to make it's parent a component that also lives in the client
area of the form. A panel is one such component.
~ JD