Post-build step.

2008-02-08 01:05:19 AM
cppbuilder4
I searched for this, found a bunch of old questions where people asked and
received no answer, and eventually found this:
groups.google.com/group/borland.public.cppbuilder.ide/browse_thread/thread/79c2984872aa038a/c753be4995f0e6a1

Re:Post-build step.

... I don't know what button I pressed but Outlook definitely sent that
before I was done typing it. Anyways, as I was saying...
Is there a way to perform post-build actions in BCB 2007?
I searched for this, found a bunch of old questions where people asked and
received no answer, and eventually found this:

groups.google.com/group/borland.public.cppbuilder.ide/browse_thread/thread/79c2984872aa038a/c753be4995f0e6a1
That thread is from 9 years ago, though, and the method described doesn't
seem to work any more.
Specifically, I want to set it up so when I build a package I've written, it
installs the headers to my global include path.
Thanks,
Jason

Re:Post-build step.

in bds2006, in project pane (menu-view-project), right-click on target .exe,
has menu option Build-Events, which has a post-build option, probably
something similar for package target, don't have a package handy to
check...???
Don't know 1)if it still exists in qqq2007, and 2)if you can use this for
what you want or not, but probably worth checking for.
"Jason Cipriani" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
... I don't know what button I pressed but Outlook definitely sent that
before I was done typing it. Anyways, as I was saying...

Is there a way to perform post-build actions in BCB 2007?

>I searched for this, found a bunch of old questions where people asked and
>received no answer, and eventually found this:
>
>groups.google.com/group/borland.public.cppbuilder.ide/browse_thread/thread/79c2984872aa038a/c753be4995f0e6a1

That thread is from 9 years ago, though, and the method described doesn't
seem to work any more.

Specifically, I want to set it up so when I build a package I've written,
it installs the headers to my global include path.

Thanks,
Jason

{smallsort}

Re:Post-build step.

"Jason Cipriani" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Is there a way to perform post-build actions in BCB 2007?
"Project | Options " then choose "Build Events"
Add your desired action(s) in the "Post-Build" area.
Specifically, I want to set it up so when I build a package I've written,
it installs the headers to my global include path.
I use it to move the HPP files generated by Delphi packages to where they
belong due to an IDE bug that ignores the package setting. If you click the
"Edit" button you will be shown a list of support macros, though any
environment variable is accessible as well by using the $(xx) notation
(where xx is the environment variable).
Clayton

Re:Post-build step.

Thanks guys; it seems so obvious now. Works great.