can't find the "Resouce DLL Wizard"

2008-04-20 04:49:27 AM
cppbuilder50
I'm (still) using BCB 4.0 Standard.
On the way to get my application ready for multi language
I read in the Help-file about the "Resource DLL" and how to
create it with the "Resource DLL wizard".
However, on my system there is no DLL wizard under File/New.
Is this the way it is?
Harry

Re:can't find the "Resouce DLL Wizard"

Harry Kloppert wrote:
I'm (still) using BCB 4.0 Standard.
create it with the "Resource DLL wizard".
However, on my system there is no DLL wizard under File/New.
Do you have the compiled app open in the editor?
From the 2006 help:
The Resource DLL wizard requires an open, saved, compiled project.

"Bob Gonder" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Harry Kloppert wrote:

>I'm (still) using BCB 4.0 Standard.

>create it with the "Resource DLL wizard".
>However, on my system there is no DLL wizard under File/New.

Do you have the compiled app open in the editor?

From the 2006 help:
The Resource DLL wizard requires an open, saved, compiled project.
The BCB4 help says the same:
"1 Save and build your project
2 With your project open, choose File|New|Resource DLL wizard"
I've built (compiled) my project. I've saved it. It's still open. But no
Wizard!?
What am I missing?

{smallsort}

Harry Kloppert wrote:
I've built (compiled) my project. I've saved it. It's still open. But no
Wizard!?
What am I missing?
Pure guess on my part:
Feature not available on Standard edition.
I can't find it on my TC++2006 (free) edtion either.
Probably a Pro or Enterprise feature.
Would need to find the feature matrix on the Borland site to be sure.
www.borland.hu/delphi/pdf/del7_feamatrix.pdf
Page 11
Enterprise and Archetech versions.

Harry Kloppert wrote:

>I've built (compiled) my project. I've saved it. It's still open. But no
>Wizard!?
>What am I missing?

Pure guess on my part:
Feature not available on Standard edition.
I can't find it on my TC++2006 (free) edtion either.
Probably a Pro or Enterprise feature.
Would need to find the feature matrix on the Borland site to be sure.
www.borland.hu/delphi/pdf/del7_feamatrix.pdf
Page 11
Enterprise and Archetech versions.

Yes, I guess you are right.
Can anybody explain to me what the Resource DLL Wizard actually
is doing. I might be able to do it manually w/o a wizard...

Harry Kloppert wrote:
Can anybody explain to me what the Resource DLL Wizard actually
is doing. I might be able to do it manually w/o a wizard...
Also guessing...
It goes through the compiled output, picking up
text string constants from the dgroup.
It would then give these string names and place
them into "string resources" in an rc or res file,
and presumably replace the source constants
with the resource names.
AnsiString s = "This " + "that.";
AnsiString s = rsThis + rsThat;
You can google the Borland groups for "resource string"
for details (or any groups, as it is a Windows thing).

Re:can't find the "Resouce DLL Wizard"

"Bob Gonder" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Also guessing...
It goes through the compiled output, picking up
text string constants from the dgroup.
It would then give these string names and place
them into "string resources" in an rc or res file,
and presumably replace the source constants
with the resource names.

AnsiString s = "This " + "that.";
AnsiString s = rsThis + rsThat;

You can google the Borland groups for "resource string"
for details (or any groups, as it is a Windows thing).

Thanks, I will try to dig into this
Harry