Displaying File Properties...

2005-08-30 05:30:06 PM
cppbuilder76
I know how to display the properties for a single file.
Recently i saw an app that could display the properties page for a
number of files.
Is this done using the ShellExecuteEx function as well???
What way is there to accomplish such a thing???

Re:Displaying File Properties...

qyte < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
I know how to display the properties for a single file.
Recently i saw an app that could display the properties page for a
number of files.
Is this done using the ShellExecuteEx function as well???
What way is there to accomplish such a thing???
Have you looked at GetFileAttributesEx() ? You simply need to
loop through a bunch of files with FindFirst() / FindNext() and
feed the names to GetFileAttributesEx() to get all you could
ever want.
-Terry

Re:Displaying File Properties...

"TerryC" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:4318b5a4$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

Have you looked at GetFileAttributesEx() ? You simply need to
loop through a bunch of files with FindFirst() / FindNext() and
feed the names to GetFileAttributesEx() to get all you could
ever want.

-Terry
Hi,
if you already call FindFirst / FindNext,
you need no more call GetFileAttributesEx.
The Info is already stored in tSearchRec.FindData.
See "Program Files\Borland\Delphi*\Source\Rtl\Win\Windows.pas"
for details;
Regards
Heiner

{smallsort}

"Heinrich Wolf" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im Newsbeitrag
"TerryC" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:4318b5a4$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Have you looked at GetFileAttributesEx() ? You simply need to
>loop through a bunch of files with FindFirst() / FindNext() and
>feed the names to GetFileAttributesEx() to get all you could
>ever want.
>
>-Terry

Hi,

if you already call FindFirst / FindNext,
you need no more call GetFileAttributesEx.
The Info is already stored in tSearchRec.FindData.
See "Program Files\Borland\Delphi*\Source\Rtl\Win\Windows.pas"
I'm sorry: This is Delphi, but it is the same in C++
See "Program Files\Borland\CBuilder*\Include\winbase.h"
for details;

Regards
Heiner