Hiding Application from Taskbar but keep it visible at all times even after show desktop is pressed

2005-06-27 09:02:06 PM
cppbuilder31
I have tried browsing the web and can't seem to find any example code
that works. Perhaps one of you could help?
How can I hide my application from task bar so that it doesn't show up
on the taskbar (and an alt-tab request) while also having the
application always be visible, even after the show desktop button is
pressed, albeit not on top (eg, "sent to back" but sized on the screen
appropriately).
I figure it has to do with capturing windows messages, but I can't seem
to get them to work. I know Ed suggested "WM_GETMINMAXINFO" before, but
for the life of me I couldn't get that to work.
Thoughts?

Re:Hiding Application from Taskbar but keep it visible at all times even after show desktop is pressed

"Daniel Mayo" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
How can I hide my application from task bar so that it
doesn't show up on the taskbar (and an alt-tab request)
The only way to do that reliably is to give the TApplication window the
WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW style:
Hide the application's taskbar icon
web.archive.org/web/20040623154847/bcbdev.com/faqs/faq4.htm
while also having the application always be visible
That is simply a matter of keeping the main form visible, which has nothing
to do with TApplication's visibility.
even after the show desktop button is pressed, albeit not on top
(eg, "sent to back" but sized on the screen appropriately).
As far as I know, there is no way to know when the "Show Desktop" button is
clicked. All it does is loops through the available windows hiding/showing
them as needed, which is no different than when the user does it maually.
Even then, if you could intercept the window being hidden, I don't think you
can prevent the OS from hiding it.
Gambit

Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:
As far as I know, there is no way to know when the "Show Desktop" button is
clicked. All it does is loops through the available windows hiding/showing
them as needed, which is no different than when the user does it maually.
Even then, if you could intercept the window being hidden, I don't think you
can prevent the OS from hiding it.
Yes, the OS is pretty tuff about that...
case WM_SIZE:
if( wParam==SIZE_MINIMIZED)
ShowWindow(hWnd,SW_SHOWNORMAL);
break;
When you press minimize button, window pops back after minimizing.
When you click ShowDesktop icon, app closes/opens/closes.
I think if you placed a timer there instead, and poped back after a
timeout, it'd work.

{smallsort}