Re: Does your company recognize President's Day?

2004-02-16 01:23:56 AM
cppbuilder87
I work for a Tele-services firm (telemarketing), so when we know everyone
else is home, that is our best time to work!
Mark
"Bill Wolverton" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hello, thank you in advance for helping me with this quick
poll. If you work for a company, does your company close
for President's Day, or are you open for business?

Thanks for letting me know.

--
Bill Wolverton
Director of Technical Support

This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only
for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you
are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are
copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please immediately and permanently delete the
original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.

Re:Re: Does your company recognize President's Day?

We don't have a President in Australia, only a Prime Minister. We don't
have Prime Minister day either.
If you're interested, we have the following National holidays. New Year's
Day, Australia Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Anzac Day, Queen's Birthday,
Labour Day, Christmas Day, Boxing Day. Individual States also have their
own additional holidays as well.

Brent wrote:
We don't have a President in Australia, only a Prime Minister. We don't
have Prime Minister day either.

If you're interested, we have the following National holidays. New Year's
Day, Australia Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Anzac Day, Queen's Birthday,
Labour Day, Christmas Day, Boxing Day. Individual States also have their
own additional holidays as well.

Yep, like Ekka Day in the Brisbane Area.

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Does your company recognize President's Day?

In Austria we don't have such a day.
We used to have "Volkstrauertag" in Germany. AFAIK it was abolished.
-Michael

Re:Re: Does your company recognize President's Day?

Sounds a bit like Australia. We have Queens Birthday holiday, although it is
not the current queen's. Most people would not be able to tell you which
queen's birthday it actually is.
It is also not the same date in every state :-)
Cheers,
Jim Cooper
Jim Cooper XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Falafel Software www.falafelsoft.co.uk

Re:Re: Does your company recognize President's Day?

Presidents day?
we don' need no stinkin' Presidents day!

Admiral Jake wrote:
"Mike Swaim" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news:402d4a99$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>I work at a hospital, though, so we don't get all of the hollidays
>that other state employees get. To compensate, we get five floating
>holidays.

In addition to regular vacation days?
Yes. They're to make up for holidays that other state employees get that
we don't.

Re:Re: Does your company recognize President's Day?

No.
[...]

Unfortunately not many outside of Brisbane know what the Ekka is. In Sydney
we have the Royal Easter Show (equilavent to the Ekka including showbags
etc), but there is no public holiday.
Brent

Brent wrote:
We don't have a President in Australia, only a Prime Minister. We don't
have Prime Minister day either.

Didn't you mean 'we don't have a President in Austrailia yet' :)
regards,
jeff.ca

news:402c08e4$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

Jeff Weir wrote:
Brent wrote:

>We don't have a President in Australia, only a Prime Minister. We don't
>have Prime Minister day either.

Didn't you mean 'we don't have a President in Austrailia yet' :)
That'd be great, but that would mean changing all bank notes and coins
to get rid of the old lady from the other side of the earth...

Re:Re: Does your company recognize President's Day?

Because I am a mass {*word*190}er.
George W. Bush
President of the USA

Re:Re: Does your company recognize President's Day?

Correct. At least a {*word*190}er such as George W. Bush does not
deserve a president day.
Blue Knight
"Stephan" <ask me @ kilroy.wuz.here>wrote in message
Presidents day?
we don' need no stinkin' Presidents day!

"Bill Wolverton" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news:402c08e4$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

does your company close for President's Day?

Re:Re: Does your company recognize President's Day?

Stop that, and I mean RIGHT NOW.
Blue Knight wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

Re:Re: Does your company recognize President's Day?

Do you support mass {*word*190}ers like George W. Bush? If so, please consider
how many
innocent Iraqis and young American soldiers have died because of the
American invasion
of Iraq.
Blue Knight