.NET newsgroups

2004-10-30 04:29:40 AM
cppbuilder61
Today, my OE asked me if I want to see the new available
borland newsgroups. When I agreed I saw many new
Delphi .NET palette of groups. Also some CBX for mobile
devices were available.
Many existing groups related to BCB are pretty empty now
and near to close. Some crucial groups like VCL using are in
hands of couple people which keeps the high level (with Remy
as the first star).
I'm feeling like I missed a bus, and still staying and looking how
it is disappearing, with no conception what to do...
Best regards,
Vladimir Stefanovic

Re:.NET newsgroups

"Vladimir Stefanovic" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I'm feeling like I missed a bus, and still staying and
looking how it is disappearing, with no conception
what to do...
You will know that answer that by Dec. 15th.
Gambit

Re:.NET newsgroups

"Vladimir Stefanovic" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
I'm feeling like I missed a bus, and still staying and looking how
it is disappearing, with no conception what to do...
I regret to say that if you are not using VS.NET, the bus may have left
without you.
Borland will tell you on Dec 15 if they are going to sell tickets
for their bus. However, in recent times, their bus service has been rather
unreliable.

{smallsort}

Re:.NET newsgroups

Israel Raj T wrote:
"Vladimir Stefanovic" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:

>I'm feeling like I missed a bus, and still staying and looking how
>it is disappearing, with no conception what to do...

I regret to say that if you are not using VS.NET, the bus may have left
without you.
If your language of choice is C++, not really. Once C++/CLI is out,
those ex-Borlanders that went the Managed C++ way will probably feel
just about as we BCB6 users do now, with a lot of code becoming
obsoleted all of a sudden although being written in a three year old
technology.
Cheers,
--
Nicola Musatti
Team Thai Kingdom

Re:.NET newsgroups

Hear, hear. C++ is the best language you could use, being a *PROFESSIONAL*
developer (<FLAME>not one of these amateurish freaks who use .NET and who have
to bend C++ into something that might be vaguely useable in that
environment</FLAME>), and I am sticking with BCB5 SP1 Pro for the foreseeable
future. I *DO NOT* feel "left behind". I feel as empowered as I have always
felt with BCB5. So, do not worry, my little pikachu (Vladimir :-), if you're
using BCB, you're still using the best there is currently available. When MFC
and Win32 stop working, is when I'll start worrying!
--
Mark Jacobs
DK Computing
"Nicola Musatti" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
| Israel Raj T wrote:
|>"Vladimir Stefanovic" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
|>
|>>I'm feeling like I missed a bus, and still staying and looking how
|>>it is disappearing, with no conception what to do...
|>
|>I regret to say that if you are not using VS.NET, the bus may have left
|>without you.
|
| If your language of choice is C++, not really. Once C++/CLI is out,
| those ex-Borlanders that went the Managed C++ way will probably feel
| just about as we BCB6 users do now, with a lot of code becoming
| obsoleted all of a sudden although being written in a three year old
| technology.

Re:.NET newsgroups

"Israel Raj T" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote
Borland will tell you on Dec 15 if they are going to sell tickets
for their bus.
But not when the tickets will go on sale, how much they will cost, or what
will be the advantage or disadvantages of a particular ticket. Worse of
all, you don't get to know where the bus is going....
However, in recent times, their bus service has been rather
unreliable.
;-)
Dave

Re:.NET newsgroups

"Dave Jewell" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
"Israel Raj T" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote

>Borland will tell you on Dec 15 if they are going to sell tickets
>for their bus.

But not when the tickets will go on sale, how much they will cost, or what
will be the advantage or disadvantages of a particular ticket. Worse of
all, you don't get to know where the bus is going....

How do you know what they won't tell us? Maybe we'll get all the answers we
need. Maybe we should stop speculating on what has been said on December
15th, 2004.
That being said, I fear that your statement is probably accurate 8=(
Aloha
Bill