http://www.developer-tools.com/ updated.

2005-05-06 01:39:03 AM
cppbuilder31
www.developer-tools.com/ updated. It is now pad enabled
submit your software for developer here:
www.developer-tools.com/submit.php
developer tools is a download site with developer related software/tools

Re:http://www.developer-tools.com/ updated.

Third party tools are normally supposed to be posted in the third
party tools group.
borland.public.cppbuilder.thirdpartytools
. Ed
gusse wrote in message
news:427a5a2f$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

www.developer-tools.com/ updated. It is now pad enabled

submit your software for developer here:
www.developer-tools.com/submit.php

developer tools is a download site with developer related
software/tools

Re:http://www.developer-tools.com/ updated.

Hi
I hope you don't mind, but I have some knowledge I'd like to pass on to you.
Writing a nice website is never enough. People are much more likely to
visit a poorly written/designed website with lots of useful information on
it than they are a nicely written/designed website with none at all.
Here is my experience with your site as a new user
1) Go to site
2) Click Delphi
3) Nothing there
4) Click some other topics out of curiousity
5) Nothing there
6) Close browser, what was the site called again? No idea
There is no reason for me to ever visit your website again, because it has
no information on it. You are obviously hoping that people wanting to
promote their products will enter the information for you, but they wont.
The reason they wont is because they know that people will have the same
experience as I did and will not go back again, so why should they spend
their time entering information into a site which nobody will visit?
Take a look at www.howtodothings.com - I get quite a lot of visitors
because of the amount of content on the site, yet few people add their own
articles. Notice how most of the articles were entered by me. If I hadn't
entered these articles then there would probably be none at all.
My advice to you is to use Google to find as many developer tools as you
possibly can, and then enter them yourself. Even when you have done this
there is no guarantee that anyone would use your site to search for tools
when they could search with Google.
--
Pete
====

{smallsort}

Re:http://www.developer-tools.com/ updated.

"Peter Morris [Droopy eyes software]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
My advice to you is to use Google to find as many developer tools as you
possibly can, and then enter them yourself. Even when you have done this
there is no guarantee that anyone would use your site to search for tools
when they could search with Google.

Very nice post. I believe you were looking for someone to take over
HowToDoThings...
You may have found him....
-- d
Need to see what's happening?
Check out the Delphi Community Blog Aggregator
delphi.flashblogger.com

Re:http://www.developer-tools.com/ updated.

Hi Dennis
Very nice post.
It's just my experience :-) I have experience with small open-source
projects too, but I wont go into that.
I believe you were looking for someone to take over
HowToDoThings...
In the past when it needed rewriting and I didn't have enough spare time,
yes. Then the overwhelming urge to write a website in ECO II got the better
of me and I did it myself. So now I am not looking for someone to take it
over :-)
However, I would like some more people to add articles. In April for
example I had 38,856 unique visitors viewing 115,292 pages but hardly any
articles added. I had hoped that people would appreciate others sharing
their knowledge and in return share something they know about (everyone is
good as something), but it seems that the majority of people like to take
without giving back.
Still, I use the site a lot myself. Whenever I come across something tricky
I record it on there just to make sure I always have a place to find the
information again should I need it :-)
You may have found him....
Were you referring to you, or Gusse? You would have rewritten it in ASM or
something :-)
--
Pete
====

gusse wrote:
www.developer-tools.com/ updated. It is now pad enabled

submit your software for developer here:
www.developer-tools.com/submit.php
Q. What the heck is a PAD file, and why should I have to put one together in
order to submit my free software page to Developer Tools website?
A. A waste of time, since the submission form doesn't even work properly, and
I didn't bother doing it in the end.
--
Mark Jacobs
www.dkcomputing.co.uk