Re: Quick Report

2007-04-08 11:07:29 AM
cppbuilder97
"Nick Hugh" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
What is the status Of Quick Reports for the C++ personality
of D2006

Thanks
Nick
Seem likely CodeGear just abandon BCB user as flavor of Delphi!
How about "Developer Matter" motto?
Several bcb users request this for a long time. It seem not too hard
to build Quick Report BCB package as it can be built out of box.
But I don't know why CodeGear didn't.
Let your loyal user buy instead of make the same package for dl,
will push your users aways. Why bcb got very low interest?
Thay should not use "Developer Matter" , if they do not care
our problem.
My 2c.

Re:Re: Quick Report

In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"Henry J." < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
It seem not too hard
to build Quick Report BCB package as it can be built out of box.
But I don't know why CodeGear didn't.
That isn't the difficulty. Negotiating the rights seems to be the
sticking point. We don't want to break the law, so everything has to be
spelled out in a legal contract. It's terribly frustrating knowing that
it isn't a technical issue keeping this from being delivered to
customers.
--
-David Dean
CodeGear C++ QA Engineer

Re:Re: Quick Report

"David Dean [CodeGear]"
That isn't the difficulty. Negotiating the rights seems to be the
sticking point. We don't want to break the law, so everything has to be
spelled out in a legal contract. It's terribly frustrating knowing that
it isn't a technical issue keeping this from being delivered to
customers.

David,
What's the diference between the Delphi and C++ Version, from a legal point
of view?
Since CodeGear has released the Delphi Version it should be easy to get the
C++ version
out the door quickly.
Well...at least we want to thank your persistence on the subject.
BR
Antonio

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Quick Report

In article <461975d8$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"Antonio Felix" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
What's the diference between the Delphi and C++ Version, from a legal point
of view?
They are distinctly different binary files. AIUI, the license we have
only covers the one we are distributing. Assuming that we have the
source code to rebuild it with the "generate C++ files" option set, or
even a copy of the binaries with that option set, it would be trivial to
rebuild it and post the new version, but we do not have permission to do
it.
It's really no different than if we posted Microsoft office, sure it
would be easy, but it wouldn't be smart.
--
-David Dean
CodeGear C++ QA Engineer

Re:Re: Quick Report

Hi, I am not sure if this is the right place, but here it goes.
I am using Delphi 7 and I have a TImage on my main form.
All I want to do is to send this image to a Quick Report page.
It works fine in my computer but in some othes a black or a
white rectangle appears where the image should be.
I have tried to set the property Picture from the TImage equals to
the TQRImage, I tried to save the picture as a BMP file and then
open it using LoadFromFile in TQRImage and at last I tried to use
TQRImage.Picture.Assign( TImage.Picture ) with no success.
Please help.
Thank you.

Re:Re: Quick Report

Paulo,
I'm not sure quite what you're doing wrong, but here's some working code from one of my applications.
An image field in the SQL server database holds a graphic which needs to be printed on the report. A ADO query gets all the
fields from the database table and a DataServiceProvider is used to populate a clientdataset (cdsDivisions).
imgLogo is a TQRImage component which holds the graphic.
function Tqrf_WorkSummary.LoadStreamIntoGraphic(Graphic: TGraphic; Stream: TStream): Boolean;
begin
Result := True;
try
Stream.Position := 0;
Graphic.LoadFromStream(Stream);
except
Result := False
procedure Tqrf_WorkSummary.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
var
BlobStream : TMemoryStream;
JPEGImg : TJPEGImage;
begin
inherited;
dm_Lookup.cdsDivisions.Open;
// D.P. (Joe) Griffin - Always get the Division from the Contract code
if dm_Lookup.cdsDivisions.Locate('Div_Prefix', Copy(UpperCase(dlg_JobNo.cmbContract.Text), 1, 2), [loCaseInsensitive]) then
begin
// Default settings
if Trim(dm_Lookup.cdsDivisionsPAY_COMPANY.AsString) <>'' then
begin
// Division specific payment company
lblMainCompany.Caption := dm_Lookup.cdsDivisionsPAY_COMPANY.AsString;
if NOT dm_Lookup.cdsDivisionsCOMPANY_LOGO.IsNull then
begin
BlobStream := TMemoryStream.Create;
try
dm_Lookup.cdsDivisionsCOMPANY_LOGO.SaveToStream(BlobStream);
if NOT LoadStreamIntoGraphic(imgLogo.Picture.Bitmap, BlobStream) then
begin
JPEGImg := TJPEGImage.Create;
try
{ A TPicture does not have a JPEG }
{ property, so we have to make do without }
imgLogo.Picture.Graphic := JPEGImg;
LoadStreamIntoGraphic(imgLogo.Picture.Graphic, BlobStream);
finally
JPEGImg.Free
finally
BlobStream.Free