illegal operation

2004-05-26 01:26:27 PM
cppbuilder103
i have written a simple c program and compiled with the free Borland 5.5
compiler. it compiles without error, but when i run the executable, i get
the "illegal operation" response from Windows. i have compiled the same
code and run it on a SUN Unix Box without problems, so i assume it is a
compatibility issue with my computer or with Windows. if anyone is
interested in this problem and/or thinks they have an idea, then i can
provide my hardware/software specs as well as the code and the error report
from Windows.
any response would be appreciated. thanks.
cory

Re:illegal operation

nevermind. i solved it.

Re:illegal operation

On Wed, 26 May 2004 02:02:00 -0400, "cory" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:
nevermind. i solved it.

What was the cause of the problem?
Jeff Kish

{smallsort}

Re:illegal operation

i forgot to de-allocate a vector and windows and/or the borland compiler did
not like it. the gnu compiler on a unix box didn't even notice. a silly
mistake.
cory
wrote:

>nevermind. i solved it.

What was the cause of the problem?
Jeff Kish

Re:illegal operation

You are using the command line tools from C++ Builder, a set of tools
which do not have an IDE, but are posting in the group for the IDE of
the old Borland C++ compiler. Please post your C++ Builder questions
in a C++ Builder newsgroup, one of the groups with the word
'cppbuilder' in their name.
. Ed