Relation between various versions of Borland C++ Compiler and Borland C++ Builder

What are the various versions of Borland C++ Builder and Borland C++ Compiler available (or were available)? I am also interested in knowing what version of Borland C++ Builder uses what version of Borland Compiler including the first release of Borland Compiler.

Thank you.

-aj

Re:Relation between various versions of Borland C++ Compiler and Borland C++ Builder

As I remember it.

Borland C++ / BC++
3.0 first release, '91 I think but it may have been '90
3.1 '92
4.0  32 bit support added
4.02
4.50
4.51
4.53
4.52
5.0  32 bit IDE, no 16 bit Windows or DOS IDE
5.01
5.02 last release, development continues with Builder

C++ Builder / BCB
unnumbered, referred to as 1.0, shipped with BC++ 5.02
I don't remember a 2.0
3.0
4.0
5.0
Free compiler - the command line tools from BCB 5.0
6.0 Feb 2002

Note that before these came Turbo C 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 and 2.01
which were followed by Turbo C++ for DOS 1.0, 1.01 and 3.0
and Turbo C++ for Windows 3.0, 3.1 and 4.5, some of which
came out during the times that BC++ was a product

And that is just the C/C++ side of the house.  There also were versions of
Turbo Pascal, Turbo Pascal for Windows, 16 and then 32 bit Delphi for
Windows, Turbo Basic, Turbo Prolog, Reflex, Paradox, Quattro, Quattro Pro,
Sidekick, Sidekick for Windows, Dbase and Dbase for Windows (and there were
others).

.  Ed

> AJ wrote in message

> What are the various versions of Borland C++ Builder and
> Borland C++ Compiler available (or were available)? I am
> also interested in knowing what version of Borland C++
> Builder uses what version of Borland Compiler including the
> first release of Borland Compiler.

Re:Relation between various versions of Borland C++ Compiler and Borland C++ Builder

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003 16:48:37 -0400, "Ed Mulroy [TeamB]"

<e...@mulroyREMOVETHESECHARS.org> wrote:
>As I remember it.

[snip]

Damn fine memory for an old fart!

>C++ Builder / BCB
>I don't remember a 2.0

Skipped in order to synchronize version numbers with Delphi,
since both products use the VCL.

--
Wayne A. King
(ba...@torfree.net, wayne.k...@ablelink.org,