CBuilder ActiveX cannot be loaded into CBuilder with WinMe

I have an ActiveX created with C++Builder 4.0 and all works fine for several months with my customers. It is being used with Delphi, Visual Basic , Centura and MS-
Access, VIsual  C++ and CBuilder with no problems.

Now, I have a customer that are using Windows ME and he said that the ActiveX cannot be imported into Delphi 5.0, but he can execute a compiled demo program.

Then, I upgrade my machine to Windows ME too and I cannot import my own ActiveX anymore. It appear in the ActiveX list in Import ActiveX Dialog and Delphi ask
me to generate the apropriate import files xxx_TLB.pas and compile it but the new ActiveX doesn't appears in the pallete. No error messages.

In C++ Builder I have a problem too. The ActiveX doesn't appear in the ActiveX import list!

Then I install VB 6 in the same machine and all works well. I load the ActiveX, paste in form, compile, etc, etc...

A compiled Delphi program that uses this ActiveX works well, too.

I have no problems in Win98, Win95 and WinNT4.

Anybody already have this problem? What's the solution?

Thanks in advance!

Paulo Garcia

Re:CBuilder ActiveX cannot be loaded into CBuilder with WinMe

I'm not sure, but the problem could be that BCB4 does not support Windows ME
in some way. Or at least not for a 100%. If possible you should take the
sourcecode a compile it in BCB5, after that you should be able to distribute
it again to Delphi or other applications.

Hope this helps,
bye
Arno

"Arno Smulders" <a.smuld...@hetnet.nl> escreveu na mensagem

> I'm not sure, but the problem could be that BCB4 does not support Windows
ME
> in some way. Or at least not for a 100%. If possible you should take the
> sourcecode a compile it in BCB5, after that you should be able to
distribute
> it again to Delphi or other applications.

But why I can use the ActiveX in Visual Basic?  With this I think that the
ActiveX generated from CBuilder 4 is correct. The problem only occurs with
Borland Tools in Design Time. My be a bug in Import ActiveX function in
Delphi 5 and C++Builder 4?

Thanks in advance!

Re:CBuilder ActiveX cannot be loaded into CBuilder with WinMe

Windows Millenum is known for poor driver support. Perhaps this could be a
problem. Do you have all updates of both Builder and Delphi?
(delphi5 updates here:
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/delphi/downloads/index.html#Delphi 5)
Why it works fine in Visual Basic I don't know. I haven't worked with VB
yet.
About it being a bug, could be! However I worked with Delphi 5 for quite
some time now and found no such problems, even when I was creating ActiveX
controls. In Builder 5 however I did find some bugs, but their only
cosmetic.
Did you say it also doesn't work in BCB4 anymore, because this would
indicate an error concerning Win ME and not Delphi.

You could also try to use you control under Win 2000. This could give an
indication to wherefrom the error occurs. If the controls works under Win
2000, the problem plobably lies somewhere in Win ME support. If the problem
still exists then it could be a bug.

Let me know it this can help you,
Bye

> "Arno Smulders" <a.smuld...@hetnet.nl> escreveu na mensagem
> > I'm not sure, but the problem could be that BCB4 does not support
Windows
> ME
> > in some way. Or at least not for a 100%. If possible you should take the
> > sourcecode a compile it in BCB5, after that you should be able to
> distribute
> > it again to Delphi or other applications.

> But why I can use the ActiveX in Visual Basic?  With this I think that the
> ActiveX generated from CBuilder 4 is correct. The problem only occurs with
> Borland Tools in Design Time. My be a bug in Import ActiveX function in
> Delphi 5 and C++Builder 4?

> Thanks in advance!

Re:CBuilder ActiveX cannot be loaded into CBuilder with WinMe

I made several tests with CBuilder 4 and still doesn't works. Then I try to
recompile the ActiveX with CBuilder 5 but doesn't work, too.

After that I recompile the VCL in CB5 and create a new ActiveX using the
Wizard. Then all works fine and I could install the ActiveX in Delphi 5 and
CBuilder 5. I think the problem is about some licence file issue but doesn't
matter.

Now I'll have to upgrade my CBuilder :(

Thanks a lot!

Paulo Garcia