Public symbol xxxx defined in both module yyy and zzz

I have updated my app from bcb3 to bcb5. Now everything works but I receive
a large list of linker warnings like:

[Linker Warning] Public symbol '_memcmp' defined in both module C:\PROGRAM
FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\LIB\CG32.LIB|memcmp and C:\PROGRAM
FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\LIB\CP32MT.LIB|memcmp

[Linker Warning] Public symbol '_atoi' defined in both module C:\PROGRAM
FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\LIB\CG32.LIB|atoi and C:\PROGRAM
FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\LIB\CP32MT.LIB|atol

and so on.

All the warnings concern only the two libs CG32.LIB and CP32MT.LIB

I suppose I must change some project settings but don't know what exactly?
Also what is the difference between the two libs and when are they used?

Thanks
Wim Bekker

Re:Public symbol xxxx defined in both module yyy and zzz

> [Linker Warning] Public symbol '_memcmp' defined in both module C:\PROGRAM
> FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\LIB\CG32.LIB|memcmp and C:\PROGRAM
> FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\LIB\CP32MT.LIB|memcmp

> [Linker Warning] Public symbol '_atoi' defined in both module C:\PROGRAM
> FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\LIB\CG32.LIB|atoi and C:\PROGRAM
> FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\LIB\CP32MT.LIB|atol

> and so on.

> All the warnings concern only the two libs CG32.LIB and CP32MT.LIB

> I suppose I must change some project settings but don't know what exactly?
> Also what is the difference between the two libs and when are they used?

cg32.lib is the CodeGuard library. As it hooks several RTL functions the
warnings from the linker are to be expected.

If you want to change projects settings I'd recommend turning off the
warning for duplicate symbols in libraries (off is the default so you must
have it turned on).

--
Anduin Withers
Borland