popup list box (like code insight)

Hi guys.  I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum, but I'll start here.

I would like to create a popup listbox like code insight.  Basically, I
need to provide the user with a selection without putting up a dialog.
Can anyone tell me how to do this?  Are there any controls to do this?

Thanks
Ron

Re:popup list box (like code insight)

You can still use an actual form like any other, just turn off the borders
and caption bar to give it a flat look, and then size the form to the size
of the ListBox as needed.  Then you can set the Left and Top properties,
Show(), and work with the form like you would any other.

Gambit

"Ron Sawyer" <rsawyer8...@aol.com> wrote in message

> I would like to create a popup listbox like code insight.  Basically,
> I need to provide the user with a selection without putting up a
> dialog. Can anyone tell me how to do this?  Are there any controls
> to do this?

Re:popup list box (like code insight)

Ron,

> I would like to create a popup listbox like code insight.

This can be done by making the listbox a child control whose parent is the
desktop window.  The following article demonstrates how to do this...

http://www.bridgespublishing.com/articles/issues/0105/Custom_popup_co...
  [code: http://www.bridgespublishing.com/articles/source/May01Code.zip]

See also
http://www.bridgespublishing.com/articles/issues/0204/Even_more_strin....