Expected a file name: .

I'm getting this error whenever I try to build a new project.
Basically this happens if I create a project, save the files,
and then immediately try to run it, with no additional code.
Apparently there's a little more work that I need to do, but I'm
not sure what it is.  Can someone enlighten me on what I need to
do to avoid this not-very-helpful error message? -- Joe

Re:Expected a file name: .

Hi,

Make sure you don't use paths, dirs or filenames
with 'special' characters that can be interpreted
as switches by the linker, characters like +  - .

e.g. don't install into a dir like C:\C++Compiler
and don't keep files in a dir like D:\C++Source

If that's not it, check for a DEFAULT.BPR in the
..\BIN (bad settings once saved to DEFAULT.BPR
will show up in all new projects). Deleting
DEFAULT.BPR restores original defaults for
subsequent new projects.

--Craig

Re:Expected a file name: .

Happiness!  That was it.  In fact one of our other projects
 uses a directory called "C++Components".  Surprisingly, this
 other project works all right (doesn't include that directory
 in the LFLAGS variable for some reason).  But apparently the
 default for new projects is to include this directory
(probably because we have installed components in that
 directory)...and poof, unhappy linker.  Is there some good
 reason for this inability to handle special characters, or is
it just a "Borlandism"?

Thanks for your help.  It was very useful.  -- Joe

Craig Farrell <cNO_SPAM.please.farr...@insprise.com> wrote:
>Make sure you don't use paths, dirs or filenames
>with 'special' characters that can be interpreted
>as switches by the linker, characters like +  - .

>e.g. don't install into a dir like C:\C++Compiler
>and don't keep files in a dir like D:\C++Source

Other Threads