what's 'T' in TControl???

I believe it is a throwback to the TurboC days. The 'T' being the first
character of TurboC.

HTH
Mark

Re:what's 'T' in TControl???

"Mark L. Bartlett" <mbart...@sound.net> wrote in message

> I believe it is a throwback to the TurboC days. The 'T' being the first
> character of TurboC.

Maybe.  But since the VCL comes from Delphi perhaps it's a throwback to
Turbo Pascal.

I actually think the T stands for TYPE.  A kind of broken Hungarian
notation.

--
  Clayton

Re:what's 'T' in TControl???

I think the TurboC is closer ..... Borland C++ compilers have always used T
to start a class name.  (I Think!)

"Clayton M. Arends" <nospam_claytonare...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Mark L. Bartlett" <mbart...@sound.net> wrote in message

> > I believe it is a throwback to the TurboC days. The 'T' being the first
> > character of TurboC.

> Maybe.  But since the VCL comes from Delphi perhaps it's a throwback to
> Turbo Pascal.

> I actually think the T stands for TYPE.  A kind of broken Hungarian
> notation.

> --
>   Clayton

Re:what's 'T' in TControl???

"Dan Greer" <dangr...@pmicp.com> writes:
> I think the TurboC is closer ..... Borland C++ compilers have always used T
> to start a class name.  (I Think!)

It stands for "type".

--
Chris (TeamB);

Re:what's 'T' in TControl???

On 19 Feb 2001 17:00:58 -0500, "Chris Uzdavinis (TeamB)"
<ch...@atdesk.com> wrote :

>"Dan Greer" <dangr...@pmicp.com> writes:

>> I think the TurboC is closer ..... Borland C++ compilers have always used T
>> to start a class name.  (I Think!)

>It stands for "type".

I thought it comes from 'Turbo Vision', their first gui class lib ?

--
Martin

What I say is not true; I never speak the truth.

Re:what's 'T' in TControl???

cha...@xs4all.nl (martin) writes:
> >It stands for "type".

> I thought it comes from 'Turbo Vision', their first gui class lib ?

I believe that Borland didn't actually come up with the convention.
They copied it from somewhere else.  I don't remember where though.

--
Chris (TeamB);

Other Threads