Quick Report 3.0 printing dot matrix Labels without the form feed

I've got a client who needs to have labels printed on 1.5" label forms.
That makes for a 12" piece of paper.  I've been using Quick Report to
set up the label and print it. It's great till it get to the 11" mark
where it sends a form feed. I understand that QR takes the page size
from the printer itself when the page.papersize (I think that's right)
is set to default. Well I've told NT about the default form, (NT server
and workstations) I've set the printer to 12" (oki 320) and I've told QR

to take the default page sizes.  Still don't work.

Am I missing something? Can QR3.0 do this? Is there a better product for

consistently printing dot matrix labels? Should I be doing this using
the printer class? Anyone have a form that works that I could trade?

Re:Quick Report 3.0 printing dot matrix Labels without the form feed

For the record, I found it. It's under document defaults. Yes it works, but
it makes for a confusing printer situation for the user. Anyone have a way
of telling Quickreport to use the proper custom form with dot matrix
printers?

Mark Anderson & Lisa Fuglie wrote:

> I've got a client who needs to have labels printed on 1.5" label forms.
> That makes for a 12" piece of paper.  I've been using Quick Report to
> set up the label and print it. It's great till it get to the 11" mark
> where it sends a form feed. I understand that QR takes the page size
> from the printer itself when the page.papersize (I think that's right)
> is set to default. Well I've told NT about the default form, (NT server
> and workstations) I've set the printer to 12" (oki 320) and I've told QR

> to take the default page sizes.  Still don't work.

> Am I missing something? Can QR3.0 do this? Is there a better product for

> consistently printing dot matrix labels? Should I be doing this using
> the printer class? Anyone have a form that works that I could trade?

Other Threads