Porting C++5 to Builder: Link Error

I have moved my BC++ 5.02a DLL project to Builder 4.0 using IDETOBPG. I
have compiled all the source but am having trouble linking. I get the
error:

[Linker Error] Illegal option: .

This seems rather strange.

I suppose I need to change an option somewhere, but I am clueless as to
what is going on here.

Jon

Re:Porting C++5 to Builder: Link Error

: "Jon S. Berndt" <j...@hal-pc.org> wrote:

>I have moved my BC++ 5.02a DLL project to Builder 4.0 using IDETOBPG. I
>have compiled all the source but am having trouble linking. I get the
>error:

>[Linker Error] Illegal option: .

>This seems rather strange.

>I suppose I need to change an option somewhere, but I am clueless as to
>what is going on here.

Well, there somewhere is an illegal linker option in the .BPR.

IMHO the easiest and least time-consuming way is to just discard of
the current BPR and just rebuild it from scratch (i.e. no IdeToBpg
etc).

--
Stefan Hoffmeister      http://www.econos.de/
Due to time constraints I cannot give free face-to-face advice.

Re:Porting C++5 to Builder: Link Error

You may have the line continuation character somewhere in the .bpr ( \ )

Alex

--
HotSend - portable documents technology
http://www.hotsend.com/

Re:Porting C++5 to Builder: Link Error

Jon

I encountered the self-same problem - for me it was caused by obsolete
linker switches remaining in the BCB4 makefile. Solution is to manually edit
the makefile and remove any switches that are not given in the BCB4
documentations/help (I think I had a -n that it was {*word*89} on).

After that everything has been plain sailing!

Andrew Bond

>I have moved my BC++ 5.02a DLL project to Builder 4.0 using IDETOBPG. I
>have compiled all the source but am having trouble linking. I get the
>error:

>[Linker Error] Illegal option: .

>This seems rather strange.

>I suppose I need to change an option somewhere, but I am clueless as to
>what is going on here.

>Jon

Re:Porting C++5 to Builder: Link Error

> I encountered the self-same problem - for me it was caused by obsolete
> linker switches remaining in the BCB4 makefile. Solution is to manually edit
> the makefile and remove any switches that are not given in the BCB4
> documentations/help (I think I had a -n that it was {*word*89} on).

Excellent suggestion, because that was the problem. I went into the
makefile, removed _all_ options, saved it, went into the IDE options and
set up my linker options. The makefile was regenerated and my subsequent
build was successful.

Thanks.

Jon

Re:Porting C++5 to Builder: Link Error

I am able to build my OWL DLL project in the IDE, now. However, I cannot
load my DLL from my application. I get a warning DLL saying "Unable to
load DLL". What might this be caused by?

Jon

Other Threads