Searching a TList

I'd like to locate a particular item in a list by typing characters
which comprise the item I'm looking for.  The way TList works normally
is to only use the first letter typed to locate the first item in the
list which starts with that letter.  If a second letter is typed, it
searches for the first item in the list which starts with that new
letter.  I'd rather have it treat the two letters as a pair to find the
first item in the list which starts with those two letter.  Etc for
additional letters typed.

I've seen somewhere a writeup of how to do this but cannot locate it.
Can someone point me to it or provide a solution?  Thanks.

Re:Searching a TList

This (about a TListBox) might be the thread you are asking about.
Damon Chandler and I replied.  Long link might need to be repasted.

http://www.mers.com/MERLIST/BORLAND/PUBLIC/CPPBUILDER/VCL/COMPONENTS/W
RITING/87.HTML
-------
Timothy H. Buchman
City Center Theater, New York NY

mailto:tbuch...@citycenter.org

Please treat this signature information as confidential.

Caryl A. Thorn <cath...@dietmaster.com> wrote in message

> I'd like to locate a particular item in a list by typing characters
> which comprise the item I'm looking for.  The way TList works

normally
snip
> I've seen somewhere a writeup of how to do this but cannot locate
it.
> Can someone point me to it or provide a solution?  Thanks.

Other Threads