Run a console application from within a VCL application

Does anyone know how to combine VCL and console modes to use both in a
single project?  In other words, has anyone have an example of a console
application project which also calls a VCL form?

I would really appreciate an "example" of how to do this.  I am fairly new
to Builder C++ and need a child's explanation of things at this point.

Thanks -

Marc

Re:Run a console application from within a VCL application

I don't know that I know your answer, but it's a little hard to
understand the question.  A "console app" runs on its' own, and can
only communicate *indirectly* with a BCB Win program.  They are
different processes.  Most people who have asked questions like this
want to do something like obtain the text output of the DOS dir
command, for example.  I can see that you have a larger ambition, but
I can't see what you want to do.

You might find some relevant posts if you search the site I give below
on "Pipe console app" with the Newsgroups field "cppbuilder".

--
Timothy H. Buchman
City Center Theater New York NY

Marc Gianzero <mgianz...@home.com> wrote in message

> Does anyone know how to combine VCL and console modes to use both in
> single project?  In other words, has anyone have an example of a

console

Other Threads