Compiler Error E2178 VIRDEF name conflict ...

I have a unit with the following problem:
  If I modify the .h file when I compile I get the messages :
        "E217VIRDEF name conflict for 'MyClassName::MyMethodName'
        ...............................many
  After this when I compile again the unit compiles fine, no warnings,
no error messages.
  I repeat I don't do anything between the compillings, just click OK
and  "Compile Unit" from the menu.
Any ideas?

Thank you,
Bogdan Padiu

Re:Compiler Error E2178 VIRDEF name conflict ...

> I have a unit with the following problem:
>   If I modify the .h file when I compile I get the messages :
>         "E217VIRDEF name conflict for 'MyClassName::MyMethodName'
>         ...............................many
>   After this when I compile again the unit compiles fine, no warnings,
> no error messages.
>   I repeat I don't do anything between the compillings, just click OK
> and  "Compile Unit" from the menu.
> Any ideas?

You may want to take a look at my reply to "Irritating compile time
error" by Andrue Cope. This has also been discussed several times in the
past so maybe a trip to deja.com would be useful as well.

--
Anduin Withers
Borland

[ Guidelines for posting to this group can be found here:  ]
[    http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html          ]
[ Note: posts to servers other than forums.borland.com     ]
[ will not be seen by most newsgroup users.                ]

Re:Compiler Error E2178 VIRDEF name conflict ...

I have seen the same thing whenever you make a change to a header file that
gets rebuilt with the precompiled headers, but only if you have already
compiled all the precompiled headers since you've started builder.

"Anduin Withers (Borland)" wrote:
> > I have a unit with the following problem:
> >   If I modify the .h file when I compile I get the messages :
> >         "E217VIRDEF name conflict for 'MyClassName::MyMethodName'
> >         ...............................many
> >   After this when I compile again the unit compiles fine, no warnings,
> > no error messages.
> >   I repeat I don't do anything between the compillings, just click OK
> > and  "Compile Unit" from the menu.
> > Any ideas?

> You may want to take a look at my reply to "Irritating compile time
> error" by Andrue Cope. This has also been discussed several times in the
> past so maybe a trip to deja.com would be useful as well.

> --
> Anduin Withers
> Borland

> [ Guidelines for posting to this group can be found here:  ]
> [    http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html          ]
> [ Note: posts to servers other than forums.borland.com     ]
> [ will not be seen by most newsgroup users.                ]

  ehle.3.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:Compiler Error E2178 VIRDEF name conflict ...

just rebuild your project, this msg is due to precompiled headers

PIQUOT Jr?me
A. WOLFF SA
6, rue de la Gare
67120 ERNOLSHEIM/BRUCHE
FRANCE
e-mail: wo...@media-net.fr
http://www.media-net.fr/wolff
Bogdan Padiu <bogd...@linux.asesoft.ro> a crit dans le message :
378F1777.942D1...@linux.asesoft.ro...

> I have a unit with the following problem:
>   If I modify the .h file when I compile I get the messages :
> "E217VIRDEF name conflict for 'MyClassName::MyMethodName'
>   After this when I compile again the unit compiles fine, no warnings,
> no error messages.
>   I repeat I don't do anything between the compillings, just click OK
> and  "Compile Unit" from the menu.
> Any ideas?

> Thank you,
> Bogdan Padiu