Hints dynamically

Hi All,

I need to show some controls hints dynamically (at run time) and at the same
time show a message in the StatusBar.

How can I do it if each time that the mouse is over the control the hint
most be calculated depending of the information in the control ?

Thanks.

Hernan Diaz

Re:Hints dynamically

    Look under TApplication->OnHint in the help file.  This fires anytime a
hint message should appear (the controls hint has to be something, can't be
blank or it won't fire).  You can then get what the hint was supposed to
show by Application->Hint.  It has a little example in the help file.

Hope this helps,
Sean Smith

Re:Hints dynamically

Button1->Hint = "This is the tooltip|This is what appears on the statusbar";

In Form's OnCreate
Applicaion->OnHint = DoHint;

void __fastcall TForm1::DoHint(TObject* Sender)
{
    StatusBar1->SimpleText = Application->Hint;

}
Hernan Diaz <h.d...@epm.net.co> wrote in message

> Hi All,

> I need to show some controls hints dynamically (at run time) and at the
same
> time show a message in the StatusBar.

> How can I do it if each time that the mouse is over the control the hint
> most be calculated depending of the information in the control ?

> Thanks.

> Hernan Diaz

Other Threads