Access Reports in Builder5

Hi,

Is there any way that I can allow users to view, print, and possibly
customize reports from Microsoft Access within a C++ Builder 5 Windows
Application I am creating?  I've checked and there is no ActiveX control
within Windows that Access loads so I am stumped as to how I can do this.

Thanks,
Aaron
--
=========================
Technical Assistance Company

(920) 467-6711
www.2tacweb.com
=========================

Re:Access Reports in Builder5

I think I saw something on this in the cppbuilder.database.desktop NG
Try searching on mers  www.mers.com  or on google www.google.com

Good Luck
CheGueVerra

Aaron Bieberitz wrote in message <3b0bc716_1@dnews>...

>Is there any way that I can allow users to view, print, and possibly
>customize reports from Microsoft Access within a C++ Builder 5 Windows
>Application I am creating?  I've checked and there is no ActiveX control
>within Windows that Access loads so I am stumped as to how I can do this.

Boy, wouldn't that just be wonderful???  Unfortunately, while DAO allows
you to control most aspects of an Access database from "outside", it
seems that forms and reports are just not things that were meant to be
so controlled (I would *love* to be able to drop an Access report as an
OLE object onto any number of things).  So you're left with two unpalatable
situations.  1) Load Access externally, and mess with it there (not pretty,
but I've done it as a quick hack).  2) S{*word*99} Access and use QuickReports
or something else compatible with BCB (but you lose that great report
interface).  Reporting seems like it would be a big business, but I'm not
really that impressed with QuickReports or Crystal Reports.  For low-end
stuff, Access seems to have the best report engine.

Dave

Re:Access Reports in Builder5

Thanks Dave, that's kinda what I had expected all along but agree with you
TOTALLY!

Aaron

"David B. Held" <dh...@codelogicconsulting.com> wrote in message

> Aaron Bieberitz wrote in message <3b0bc716_1@dnews>...

> >Is there any way that I can allow users to view, print, and possibly
> >customize reports from Microsoft Access within a C++ Builder 5 Windows
> >Application I am creating?  I've checked and there is no ActiveX control
> >within Windows that Access loads so I am stumped as to how I can do this.

> Boy, wouldn't that just be wonderful???  Unfortunately, while DAO allows
> you to control most aspects of an Access database from "outside", it
> seems that forms and reports are just not things that were meant to be
> so controlled (I would *love* to be able to drop an Access report as an
> OLE object onto any number of things).  So you're left with two
unpalatable
> situations.  1) Load Access externally, and mess with it there (not
pretty,
> but I've done it as a quick hack).  2) S{*word*99} Access and use QuickReports
> or something else compatible with BCB (but you lose that great report
> interface).  Reporting seems like it would be a big business, but I'm not
> really that impressed with QuickReports or Crystal Reports.  For low-end
> stuff, Access seems to have the best report engine.

> Dave

Other Threads