Moving VCL component from BCB5 to BDS2006 C++ Builder

2006-03-01 10:01:16 PM
cppbuilder68
I have a purchased VCL component with source code for BCB5. I am trying to move it to BDS2006 C++ Builder.
I have created a package: File | New | Package - C++ Builder
The package compiles and builds, but the component does not show up on the tools pallete.
The package was installed, right click in project manager window.
Using Component | Install Packages..., the package is there but clicking on components yields an empty dialog.
The register procedure is present and seems to match the requirements of the help documentation.
I am currently using the trial version:
Borland?C++Builder?for Microsoft?Windows?Version 10.0.2166.28377 Copyright ?2005 Borland?Software Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Update 1
Since I am not a component writer, operator error is suspected.
THANKS
Jeff

Re:Moving VCL component from BCB5 to BDS2006 C++ Builder

In article <4405b73c$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"Jeff Grant" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
I have created a package: File | New | Package - C++ Builder
Is the source C++? If not, you should make a Delphi package, set the
options for the delphi package to generate all C++ files, then build and
install. (You'll have to uninstall the package you already did first)
--
-David

Re:Moving VCL component from BCB5 to BDS2006 C++ Builder

This may help you
Create manually your category in Component(Tool) Palette (right click->Add
New Category) and rebuild your package.
I had a similar problem with my own component and I did it this way.
-minas

{smallsort}