Database Login Problem

2005-12-16 05:11:20 AM
cppbuilder68
Hi,
My application uses 2 DBs and i put 2 TDatabase objects on my main form. I
made the "Login Prompt" property "false" for both but everytime i start my
application this Database Login window pops up! It asks User Name &
Password, its so annoying. Can anyone tell me how can i get rid of this?
Thanks

Re:Database Login Problem

You TDatabase has TTables, right?
To what are tables wired to ?
Is far as I can remember thay have to wired to
Database and not to ODBC ALIAS, but now
I cannot remember for sure...
--
Best regards,
Vladimir Stefanovic

Re:Database Login Problem

Hi,
Actually i did NOT have those TDatabases but i read some articles saying
that i should have those Tdatabases and than i need to double click on them
for settings and uncheck the login prompt stuff.Anyways it did NOT help!
Bytheway i do not have TTables, Do i need them?

{smallsort}

Re:Database Login Problem

i m using BCB 5. i have 2 databases, one for writing and the other for
reading datas.Anyways, here is the way i connect to the dbs and retrieve
datas :
TQuery *FirstQuery;
FirstQuery= new TQuery (this);
FirstQuery->DatabaseName = "TEMP";
FirstQuery->SQL->Add ("select [CLOSE],[HIGH],[LOW] from TABLE");
FirstQuery->Open ();
i m not using Ttable or TDatabase, just similar codes above!
Everytime , i do BD operations like getting data or writing data, a
"DATABASE LOGIN" popup window appears.How can i get rid of this window? Even
i do NOT set "User Name" or "Password" , it still pops up. At last, i put 2
TDatabase objects because somebody says so, and i double clicked on them and
unchecked "Login Prompt" option but it STILL the same pop up appears! Its so
annoying please help me.

Re:Database Login Problem

set adoconnection component ' property 'loginPrompt' to false
"Cenk" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >写入消息新闻: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
[...]

Yesterday I run an application created once in D7. The app uses
Paradox tables and it used to run fine for more that 7 years.
But yesterday it decided to ask for User Name and Password
to connect to the database.
I haven't set any password myself. Is this a side-effect of any
windows update? The last major system change I recall (apart from
windows updates) is the installation of the SQL server 2000.
I run DBE Config utility and got the same behaviour not only on this
spesific DB but on any db declared through ODBC. In most of them,
giving the username and password I use to login to windows
solves the problem. However, in this Paradox DB it doesn't work.
Any workround/suggestion?
Fotis Kokkoras

Re:Database Login Problem

it's ok.
for some uknown reason, the DB alias was removed.
I had just to redeclare in using the alias manager of the database desktop.
Fotis