Re: Findkey function...

2007-03-13 03:52:09 AM
cppbuilder58
Hi DC,
So findkey() is not usable, is that what you're saying?
Mark.One

Re:Re: Findkey function...

TVarRec vr = (temp.c_str());
Memory violation at the line shown above.
Mark.One

Re:Re: Findkey function...

Hi Bob,
I will check it and will let you know a little later.
Thanks
Mark.One

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Findkey function...

"mark" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>TVarRec vr = (temp.c_str());

Memory violation at the line shown above.
Veeeery interesting.
It might be worth checking the pointer to see it's not null - I can't
remember whether AnsiString is one of those string classes that may use
a null for an empty string. If it is, and if the TVarRec constructor
can't accept a null, that's the problem.
Alan Bellingham
--
Team Thai Kingdom
<url:www.borland.com/newsgroups/>Borland newsgroup descriptions

Re:Re: Findkey function...

mark wrote:
Hi DC,

So findkey() is not usable, is that what you're saying?

Mark.One

No, FindKey() is available. It was just a option.
DataModule1->cdsCustomers->FindKey(CustomerList->Edit1->Text, 0)
The way you originally asked the question SetKey(), etc. would allow you
to assign the search criteria via the Text property.
DC

Re:Re: Findkey function...

Hi DC,
>DataModule1->cdsCustomers->FindKey(CustomerList->Edit1->Text,
>0)

The way you originally asked the question SetKey(), etc.
would allow you to assign the search criteria via the Text
property.

I did not ask a question about Setkey() or any function
other than Findkey(). And the specific question was asked
about findkey: 'Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong
and how to put it right?'
Findkey is what I need for my app.
There's no example for using an object's property, in this
case the TEXT property, with findkey(), as per my example.
But thanks for trying to help.
Mark.One