Component for persistent settings / registry access.

2008-01-20 11:08:15 AM
cppbuilder23
Does C++ Builder 2007 ship with any components or functions that make system
registry access more convenient? The Win32 API is easy enough but it's kind
of tedious. Really I just want to store some persistent settings for my
applications, it doesn't even need to be in the registry -- is there
anything at all in Borland's runtime library that simplifies this?
Thanks!
Jason Cipriani

Re:Component for persistent settings / registry access.

Did you look at the online help?

Look for TRegistry, TRegistryIniFile, TIniFile and TMemIniFile.
I only tried TSettings and TOptions, and maybe TKeys or something. I'll admit that guessing class names isn't really my strong suit. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, and so quickly. These are exactly what I was looking for.
Jason

"Jason Cipriani" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Does C++ Builder 2007 ship with any components or functions that make
system registry access more convenient? The Win32 API is easy enough but
it's kind of tedious. Really I just want to store some persistent settings
for my applications, it doesn't even need to be in the registry -- is
there anything at all in Borland's runtime library that simplifies this?
Did you look at the online help?
Look for TRegistry, TRegistryIniFile, TIniFile and TMemIniFile.
- Dennis

{smallsort}