Shell Treeview

2005-03-27 09:22:54 PM
cppbuilder53
Hi,
I'm looking for a third party explorer style treeview to display
directory contents. It has to refresh when files/folders are deleted,
modified and so on.
I tried using the TShellTreeview component provided with BCB but it
doesn't refresh.
Any one can help?
Thanks,
Dave

Re:Shell Treeview

DevExpress has a cxShellTreeView, I'm not sure if it automatically refreshes
whenever a directory or files are changed, but you can easily do this
yourself by using a TTimer and refreshing every few seconds.
"David Monbaron" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

I'm looking for a third party explorer style treeview to display
directory contents. It has to refresh when files/folders are deleted,
modified and so on.

I tried using the TShellTreeview component provided with BCB but it
doesn't refresh.

Any one can help?

Thanks,
Dave

Re:Shell Treeview

Daniel Stevenson wrote:
Thanks Daniel, I found VirtualShellTools www.mustangpeak.net/
which seems to suit my needs. I find the TTimer event not really handy,
I prefer the ShellChangeNotifier (included in the ShellTreeView example)
Thank you,
David

news:4246b3b8$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Hi,
>
>I'm looking for a third party explorer style treeview to display
>directory contents. It has to refresh when files/folders are deleted,
>modified and so on.
>
>I tried using the TShellTreeview component provided with BCB but it
>doesn't refresh.
>
>Any one can help?
>
>Thanks,
>Dave