Infotip Shell Extension causes Explorer to crash

2004-11-03 05:37:02 PM
cppbuilder59
Hi,
I wrote an infotip shell extension to display the contents of RAR
archives, similar to the infotip display for .zip files if you have winzip 9
installed.
To do this I created the infotip shell extension using BCB 6 and I used
the unrar package from www.rarlab.com to query the contents of the RAR file.
The infotip displays the correct information, but after displaying the
infotip, explorer crashes after a few seconds.
Could you please tell me if there's any additional code, checking,
cleanup, etc. that I should perform in the shell extension?
My operating system is Windows XP SP2.
Thanks in advance,
Tracee