some problems with installing indy 9 on Builder 6

2006-10-04 02:02:03 AM
cppbuilder3
Hello,
I am having some problems with the installation of Indy 9.
Most of the components seem to work. But the components on the Indy I/O Handler palette don't. For isntance when I put these two components on a blank form (IdSSLIOHandlerSocket1, IdServerIOHandlerSSL1) I get these errors:
[C++ Error] IdIOHandlerSocket.hpp(36): E2316 'TIdSocksInfo' is not a member of 'Idsocks'
[C++ Error] IdIOHandlerSocket.hpp(36): E2040 Declaration terminated incorrectly
[C++ Error] IdIOHandlerSocket.hpp(37): E2316 'TIdSocksInfo' is not a member of 'Idsocks'
[C++ Error] IdIOHandlerSocket.hpp(37): E2293 ) expected
[C++ Error] IdIOHandlerSocket.hpp(38): E2316 'TIdSocksInfo' is not a member of 'Idsocks'
[C++ Error] IdIOHandlerSocket.hpp(38): E2040 Declaration terminated incorrectly
[C++ Error] IdIOHandlerSocket.hpp(56): E2316 'TIdSocksInfo' is not a member of 'Idsocks'
[C++ Error] IdIOHandlerSocket.hpp(56): E2040 Declaration terminated incorrectly
[C++ Error] Unit1.h(20): E2303 Type name expected
[C++ Error] Unit1.h(20): E2139 Declaration missing ;
[C++ Error] Unit1.h(21): E2303 Type name expected
[C++ Error] Unit1.h(21): E2139 Declaration missing ;
[C++ Error] Unit1.h(20): E2109 Not an allowed type
[C++ Error] Unit1.h(21): E2109 Not an allowed type
--------
Another problem I am having is when I compiled a project with the IdHTTP component. I am having problems with the Post method. I have the following code.
bool TForm1::Post_To_Web1_A_String(AnsiString Request_Content_Type, AnsiString Http_Loc, TStringList *content)
{
TMemoryStream *mem1 = new TMemoryStream();
try
{
try
{
//content->Text = "CREATE TABLE test5 (`Key_ID2` INT(11) NOT NULL)";
IdHTTP_Web1->Request->ContentType = Request_Content_Type;
IdHTTP_Web1->Post(Http_Loc, content, mem1);
//IdHTTP_Web1->Post()
}
__finally
{
content->Clear();
}
}
catch(const Exception &e)
{
ShowMessage(e.Message);
return(false);
}
return(true);
}
And I get the following error:
[Linker Error] Unresolved external '__fastcall Idhttp::TIdHTTP::Post(System::AnsiString, const Classes::TStrings *, const Classes::TStream *)' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER6\PROJECTS\SITE_BUILDER\SITE_BUILDER_UNIT1.OBJ
Any ideas?

Re:some problems with installing indy 9 on Builder 6

"dave" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I am having some problems with the installation of Indy 9.
BCB 6 ships with Indy 8 pre-installed. Did you uninstall Indy 8 and remove
its files from the machine before then trying to install Indy 9?
[C++ Error] IdIOHandlerSocket.hpp(36): E2316 'TIdSocksInfo' is not a
member of 'Idsocks'
Yes, it is:
--- IdSocks.hpp ---
namespace Idsocks
{
class DELPHICLASS TIdSocksInfo;
class PASCALIMPLEMENTATION TIdSocksInfo : public
Idcomponent::TIdComponent
{
};
};
Another problem I am having is when I compiled a project with the IdHTTP
component. I am having problems with the Post method.
<snip>
And I get the following error:
<snip>
You don't have the Indy library added to your project.
Gambit

Re:some problems with installing indy 9 on Builder 6

Hello Remy,
I had a older version of Indy....older than 8. I did remove that version. At least I believe I removed it all. I followed the steps on how to remove Indy from the knowledge base on the Indy webpage. Would I be better uninstalling 9 and going down to 8?

"dave" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news:4522a59b$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>I am having some problems with the installation of Indy 9.

BCB 6 ships with Indy 8 pre-installed. Did you uninstall Indy 8 and remove
its files from the machine before then trying to install Indy 9?

>[C++ Error] IdIOHandlerSocket.hpp(36): E2316 'TIdSocksInfo' is not a
member of 'Idsocks'

Yes, it is:

--- IdSocks.hpp ---

namespace Idsocks
{
class DELPHICLASS TIdSocksInfo;
class PASCALIMPLEMENTATION TIdSocksInfo : public
Idcomponent::TIdComponent
{
};
};

>Another problem I am having is when I compiled a project with the IdHTTP
>component. I am having problems with the Post method.
<snip>
>And I get the following error:
<snip>

You don't have the Indy library added to your project.

Gambit

{smallsort}

Re:some problems with installing indy 9 on Builder 6

"dave" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I followed the steps on how to remove Indy from the knowledge
base on the Indy webpage.
Then something else is wrong with your installation. You probably still
have old files still lingering around.
Would I be better uninstalling 9 and going down to 8?
No. Indy 8 is no longer supported, and lacks features that many modern
protocols use.
Gambit

Re:some problems with installing indy 9 on Builder 6

Thanks Gambit for you aid. :)
I figured out what was wrong.
The steps to add version 9 I found were at this link
www.indyproject.org/KB/
And you may or may not need to do this step as well
Tools / Environment Options / Browsing Path (add the path to your directory here)
---Dave