TIdCompressionIntercept

2005-03-02 05:36:43 AM
cppbuilder59
BCB5, Indy 9.00.17
I'm getting a pHTTP->Response->ContentEncoding == "deflate" on a client and
am trying to figure out how to handle it.
I tried handling it through TIdCompressionIntercept, but do not seem to be
getting anywhere. I get a "Decompression Error". The docs imply setting
the compression level anywhere from 1 - 9 should do the trick and the URL in
question is any URL that would have "deflate" as the ContentEncoding.
Help

Re:TIdCompressionIntercept

"Ted" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
BCB5, Indy 9.00.17

I'm getting a pHTTP->Response->ContentEncoding == "deflate"
on a client and am trying to figure out how to handle it.
Indy 9 does not support "deflate". Indy 10 does, though (and also "gzip").
Gambit

Re:TIdCompressionIntercept

Thanks

"Ted" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news:4224e068$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>BCB5, Indy 9.00.17
>
>I'm getting a pHTTP->Response->ContentEncoding == "deflate"
>on a client and am trying to figure out how to handle it.

Indy 9 does not support "deflate". Indy 10 does, though (and also
"gzip").

Gambit

{smallsort}

Re:TIdCompressionIntercept

Hmmmm. I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about 10. AtoZ doesn't seem to
want it on their site and they are pointing back to indyproject.org, which
is still in beta? I know it's freeware, but this seems a little loose to
me. Any thoughts?

"Ted" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news:4224e068$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>BCB5, Indy 9.00.17
>
>I'm getting a pHTTP->Response->ContentEncoding == "deflate"
>on a client and am trying to figure out how to handle it.

Indy 9 does not support "deflate". Indy 10 does, though (and also
"gzip").

Gambit

Re:TIdCompressionIntercept

"Ted" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
AtoZ doesn't seem to want it on their site and they are
pointing back to indyproject.org
www.indyproject.org is the official site for Indy..
which is still in beta?
Perhaps so, but much of it is stable nontheless. Indy 10 is the current
active version. Indy 9 is no longer in development, other than the occasion
bug fix, but no new features will be added to it.
Gambit

Remy Lebeau (TeamB) schrieb:
Perhaps so, but much of it is stable nontheless. Indy 10 is the current
active version. Indy 9 is no longer in development, other than the occasion
bug fix, but no new features will be added to it.
OP is using BCB5 and so do I. Is it possible ot use Indy 10 with BCB5?
If this should be possible in any way could you be so kind to give a
hint how to achive this.
Thank's.
Regards,
Frank.