What components to use ?

2007-07-20 09:40:10 PM
cppbuilder113
Hi there
Let me see if I can explaine this.
I need my app to fetch a file from a server on the internet.
For that I think I would use FTP, but the problem is that the
file is not there, it is not created untill my app logges on and
tell the server what the file should contain.
I can get three types of files.
whats new since last time.
what happend between to dates
and then I can get all they have in my account.
As it is now I use my browser and and the company that have the
server use some Java to create the file I choose to get.
Usually I just get the "since last time file" 1-10KB
so it is a lot of clicking and writing to get a very small
(but vital) amount of data.
The company agree that it would be a good idea if I make
a program that can do this automaticly and then show the result
to the user.
My question is:
What would be the best way to go?
Which component to use?
The company have agreed to set up the server end, but I would
like to make some experiments before I meet them face to face,
so I don't sound like a total fool..;-)
Thanks in advance
Asger

Re:What components to use ?

20 Jul 2007 09:40:10 -0400, Asger Jorgensen < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Hi there

Let me see if I can explaine this.

I need my app to fetch a file from a server on the internet.
There are some solutions for file transfer with internet.
WinInet from Microsoft is one of them.
support.microsoft.com/kb/288879/en-us
curl is a command line tool for transferring files with URL syntax
curl.haxx.se/
__
JF Jolin

Re:What components to use ?

Hi Jolin
Thank You very much for Your answer.
The first link looks like something usefull.
Kind regards
Asger
WinInet from Microsoft is one of them.
support.microsoft.com/kb/288879/en-us

curl is a command line tool for transferring files with URL syntax
curl.haxx.se/

{smallsort}