Get rid of exception message

2003-10-13 06:57:41 PM
cppbuilder102
Hello,
for some strange reason my program tries to compute sqrt( Nan) which
generates the "SQRT:Domain error" exception. This means that a dialog
appers with the "SQRT:Domain error" message and an OK button and the
program does not continue unitl I press the button. I wanted to just
skip the excpetion so I moved the critical block to
try {
do the computation
} catch (...)
stop processing this file; take the next one
}
I have really used the universal catch (...) command. However, the
"SQRT:Domain error" dialog still appers, even if the program runs
standalone, without IDE. How do I get rid of it?
Thanks.
Bolek

Re:Get rid of exception message

"Kral Ja Prvni" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
for some strange reason my program tries to compute sqrt( Nan) which
generates the "SQRT:Domain error" exception.
Assuming SQRT:Domain is a VCL exception, then expliically specify it in the
catch statement, don't use '...'
catch (SQRT::Domain&)
Gambit