Online help in application built with C++ Builder 2006

Dear Friends,
Excuse me if this is not the right list for my question.
I have made an application with C++ Builder 2006 Pro,
and a help file (WinHelp) with a proper tool. My OS
is Windows XP Pro.
I have set the helpfile option in Project Options and
the HelpContext property of a TEdit control to a valid
value for my help file.
But when I press F1 for this TEdit (runntime, of course)
I get this exception:
Project ABC.exe raised exception class EHelpSystemException with message 'No
context-sensitive help installed'.
Have you any clues?
Thanks in advance,
Sotiris.

Re:Online help in application built with C++ Builder 2006

I have to add that a simple test program in Delphi 2006,
(that uses Unit WinHelpViewer) with the same help file
works perfectly!
Something I missing, I think :-(

Re:Online help in application built with C++ Builder 2006

"Sotiris Rentoulis" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

[...] Something I missing, I think :-(
Maybe not. With BCB6, WinHelp was broken and I haven't
seen anything since then that said that it was fixed.
Google or search the archives for a work-around and see if
that makes a difference. If it does, please report back.
Thinking about it ... please report back here no matter.
~ JD

{smallsort}

Re:Online help in application built with C++ Builder 2006

In article <46db99fe$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"JD" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Google or search the archives for a work-around and see if
that makes a difference. If it does, please report back.
I seem to recall something posted by Richard Kaiser about getting it
to work in BDS 2006.
I hope that helps someone find it...
--
-David Dean
CodeGear C++ QA Engineer

Re:Online help in application built with C++ Builder 2006

I have set the helpfile option in Project Options and
the HelpContext property of a TEdit control to a valid
value for my help file.

But when I press F1 for this TEdit (runntime, of course)
I get this exception:

Project ABC.exe raised exception class EHelpSystemException with message 'No
context-sensitive help installed'.

Try adding
#pragma link "WinHelpViewer"
to one of your cpp files.
Danzer

Re:Online help in application built with C++ Builder 2006

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 13:39:16 +0300, "Sotiris Rentoulis"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
<snip... help file (WinHelp)...>
I used .hlp files for a long time and I was satisfied with it, but
unfortunately this format has no future since MS blocked it's support
in Vista (take a look at
support.microsoft.com/kb/917607/EN-US/). Users can download a
WinHelp program for MS Vista, but I think this isn't a good and
convenient solution for the users of your application.
I switched to .chm files for the help files, and I would suggest the
same to you. The HtmlHelp control has it's own vagaries, but keeping
on .hlp format makes no sense.
--
Jens Hoetger
->www.scribblepapers.de.vu