How to get field despcription??

2005-12-09 05:50:53 PM
cppbuilder45
Hello,
when I create a field in a table, for example in MS SQL SERVER, I can
write a description line. Is it possible to get that description at run
time. For example I execute a query on table1 that has FIELD1, FIELD2
and FIELD3. I'd like to get description of those fields to use for
DBGrid column caption instead of field name.
Francesco

Re:How to get field despcription??

Solved using the procedure fn_listextendedproperty
thanks anyway, Francesco