HTML Pages

2003-11-14 11:27:21 PM
cppbuilder19
I'm becoming familiar with BCP 6 and have produced a useful Windows program.
It's been a struggle, but worthwhile.
I now have a need to produce a large number of HTML pages for a CGI
application. Is there a program like BCP that permits one to generate HTML
code graphically? BCP lets you arrange and size the components and generate
C++ code? I'm looking for the same thing for HTML.
Thanks,
Pat

Re:HTML Pages

Are you dealing with data that are in some type of TDataSet? If so you can
use the TPageProducer, TDataSetPageProdcuer, TQueryPageProducer, etc.
I know CBuilder 5 came with QReport components. I'm not sure if 6 comes
with those or not I don't have 6 yet. But You can aslo use all of those
components and then use the TQRHtmlFilter to convert your report to an HTML
file. Again you have to be working with some kind of dataset.
Other than that I know there are some 3rd party components used to generate
HTML. I suggest searching for Report Components or Maybe HTML components.

Re:HTML Pages

"Pat McClure" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
I now have a need to produce a large number of HTML pages for
a CGI application. Is there a program like BCP that permits
one to generate HTML code graphically? BCP lets you arrange
and size the components and generate C++ code?
You are looking for a program which lets you generate forms by
dragging components on it and save that to HTML? Sounds like
DreamWeaver, FrontPage, GoLive and the like. Look for these
names on the net. I guess there are free demo versions of them
available and searching for them may even lead you to freeware
programs that suffice.

{smallsort}

Re:HTML Pages

Thanks, Thorsten. I'll look into the commercial programs you mentioned, and
see if some equal exists under shareware.
Thanks again,
Pat